Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pcwa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 23767  
Subject: RR: Surf City half Date: 2/4/2013 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
PR baby! official time is 1:36:06 (garmin had me at 1:36:03) which is 24 seconds faster than Long Beach in October. After last weeks success at breaking 1:40 at Carlsbad (I wasn't even sure I could break 1:45), I decided to go for it. It wasn't until mile 8 or so that I thought I had a real chance at a PR and mile 10 came through at 1:14 and change and I was speeding up. I left everything on the course. I was gasping for breath the last mile. My form completely fell apart, I was dying, but I held pace, and in fact, sped up.

Check out these splits. I had decided to start at 740 and I nailed that, and then I just started speeding up.
miles 1-5: 740, 729, 731, 737, 717
miles 6-10: 720, 713, 721, 718, 717
miles 11-13: 719, 655, 645 (last little bit 620).

that is what I wanted to do. much more even splits, and a strong finish from mile 10 (really from mile 8) to the end. Unfortunately, my foot pain came back BIG time after I finished (didn't hurt at ALL during the run) and I am going to go see a podiatrist on Wednesday. After the run, I waded into the ocean with some of my other club members who were there. SoCalDayBreakers REPRESENTED at Surf City.

pcwa
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ThreeIsEnough Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23363 of 23767
Subject: Re: RR: Surf City half Date: 2/4/2013 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Great job!

Author: pcwa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23364 of 23767
Subject: Re: RR: Surf City half Date: 2/4/2013 5:07 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
not a PR!
I misremembered my PR from long Beach as 1:36:30 but it was 1:36:04
I missed my PR by 3 SECONDS. Still, a great day yesterday!!!

Author: discurro Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23365 of 23767
Subject: Re: RR: Surf City half Date: 2/4/2013 5:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
not a PR!

excellent run anyway, you big liar! :-)

Author: navy58 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23366 of 23767
Subject: Re: RR: Surf City half Date: 2/4/2013 8:50 PM
regardless -well done my friend.

I am on day 9 of my hamstring lay-off. Just the commute to work today by bike. I am hoping to swim and hit yoga tomorrow, and then run on Wednesday.

Things mostly feel better - there is one sore sport more outboard of where the hamstring pain originally struck, but I can move much more freely and I can kick off my unlaced shoe (which I could not do at all for three days, or without pain for several days after that). So I think I'm almost ready to give it a try.

I will be hugely disappointed if I bring you all the way to VA and can't even give you and joe a decent race :(

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement