Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously:

I had 177 shares of Restricted Stock Rights awarded (granted) on 3/1/06. 70 shares lapse (vested) on 3/1/09. There were 28 shares removed from the distribution by my employer for tax purposes. So I received net 42 shares that I have not sold but currently hold.

I know this is captured on my W-2. However, I did not receive a 1099-B. I checked the website of my company's broker and there is no 1099-B issued. Looking at the breakdown for the 28 shares sold, it is all for taxes, no brokerage fees.

Since there is no 1099-B and it does not appear there was nothing paid for brokerage fees, do I need to report this on Schedule D still?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.