UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: katinga Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744609  
Subject: Rubin's take on debate Date: 10/12/2012 10:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I think this is noteworthy, because it reflects how women saw this. Maybe not so cerebrally, but it will come across in an emotional way that's going to flip more than a few women to R/R.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/the-vp-s...

Vice President Biden wasn’t passive, to be sure, in the debate tonight. Nevertheless, he was so aggressive, so rude and so overbearing that it is hard to see how he won over any undecided voters. By contrast, many voters who had never seen or heard Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) for any extended time learned why he has earned the respect of his colleagues and was selected as Mitt Romney’s running mate.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648468 of 744609
Subject: Re: Rubin's take on debate Date: 10/12/2012 2:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Vice President Biden wasn’t passive, to be sure, in the debate tonight. Nevertheless, he was so aggressive, so rude and so overbearing that it is hard to see how he won over any undecided voters. By contrast, many voters who had never seen or heard Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) for any extended time learned why he has earned the respect of his colleagues and was selected as Mitt Romney’s running mate.

Well...if I was a young woman and saw Biden vs Ryan, I'd definately go for Ryan. Even if I had no clue about all the math Ryan was talking about. He was patient, respectful and a delight to watch and listen to. I thought it took a huge amount of discipline to sit there and listen while Biden interupted him, constantly.

Remember when Biden said near the end, "OH, he gets 40 seconds and I get 15". The idiot talked over Ryan so much he clearly got more time than Ryan. I've yet to see the total amount of time each spoke, but it would be hard to figure out with Biden constantly overtalking him with his loud, rude voice.

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648471 of 744609
Subject: Re: Rubin's take on debate Date: 10/12/2012 2:20 PM
Recommendations: 3
I like Rubin's final words:
In the closing rounds, Ryan spoke calmly, chiding the president for divisiveness and broken promises. Biden nearly comically told us he never said anything he didn’t mean. Ryan gave a classic closing statement, actually asking viewers for their votes. Biden whined about getting shortened on time. Raddatz must have been exhausted. Any audience members hanging on certainly were.

It was the most bizarre performance in any debate in my memory. Biden was so obnoxious, so over-the-top, that it is hard to see how independent voters, especially women, would find him tolerable, let alone effective. Arguing with the female moderate, jabbing his finger and constantly interrupting both Raddatz and Ryan, he came across like a bully.

Raddatz at times was unable to stand up to Biden’s bullying, but she hung in there, never losing her poise. She returned some of his jabs. She was a more active moderate, to be sure, than Jim Lehrer. But the debate was certainly lively, and she was exquisitely fair.

Losers: Biden; the aide who forgot to tell him there was a split screen; incivility.

Winners: Ryan; civility.

I almost fell out off my coach when Biden whined about Ryan getting 40 secs to his 15. Raddatz said "no he did not get 40".

Biden is a real piece of work. If Obama wins 2012, which I strongly doubt now after the last 2 debates, I seriously doubt Biden will win the dem primaries in 2016. The guy is toxic.

Liberals like to say Dan Quail was the dumbest VP and Dick Cheney the meanest. Well, I strongly disagree. But if it were true, both titles now belong to Biden. We already knew he was stupid. Now we know he is a total jerk.

decath

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement