Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LeKitKat Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20264  
Subject: Rule Breakers Pitch Date: 8/3/2013 7:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 44
just a small nit to pick with this ad

Though Noodle's & Co certainly has plenty of growth ahead, it's not even growing close as fast as this company. Watch our jaw-dropping investor alert video today to find out why The Motley Fool's chief technology officer is putting $117,238 of his own money on the table, and why he's so confident this will be a huge winner in 2013 and beyond. Just click here to watch!

The Fool just turned 20; our paying members are getting rich...
And we're in a mood to celebrate. That's why our top stock pickers (just ranked #1, #2, and #3 over the last 5 years according to an industry watchdog) are about to roll out the next generation of Motley Fool signature stock picks. We're talking about what could be the next Amazon (1,700% gains)... Priceline (up 3,300%)... or Netflix (up over 1,500%)...

In fact, we believe so strongly in all this, we're plunking down our own company money on a few of these stocks! And we want to invite you along to see it all - FREE, no strings attached. Just enter your email address, and we'll be in touch.

I was reading an article about Noodles on the home page and this was at the bottom so I clicked on it to see if there was actually a free stock pick. There was not. The ad went on for over 30 minutes and never mentioned the stock. It was mainly a sales pitch for Rule Breakers. It teased and hinted at what this next million dollar idea was but never said. Jeremy Philips was the pitch man. Apparently he is investing $117 K in the mystery stock and confident it will reach $1 million by 2018. Jeremy highlights all of the Rule Breaker winners and guarantees this will be Baidu, Chipotle Amazon, IPG Photonics etc all triple digit gainers. While I now have the greatest respect for the growth stories the Gardners uncover and am searching for a place for it in my own damaged investment psyche, these misleading pitches are a grave disappointment. The stock idea was not exactly free with no strings attached. It could only be claimed by giving your credit card number and signing on and being charged for the newsletter--2 years is $249. Yes you can get your money back if you need to up to 30 days, but still--not really free and clear of obligation. We are then obligated to contact the Fool and request a refund and make sure the credit card is properly credited. Something of a pain for a free pick. They are better than this. When will they stop with these misleading come ons? Anyway after letting the thing run in the background for about 45 minutes I still didn't get the free pick.

I do think it's probably Linked In and an interesting story on its own.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Deflationary Cycle Explained
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement