Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Willdzn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18386  
Subject: Rule Maker - Sizing Up Adobe Date: 4/17/2000 11:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
As a graphic artist I'd like to share some of my knowledge about and beliefs in Adobe Systems and give a "human" non-numbers assessment of the company.

Adobe software is the premiere software for almost all the work that is done in my field, with the exception of QuarkXpress which I hope someday will accept to sell out to Adobe. If so Adobe will have pretty much a monopoly in the professional graphic design field. Since QuarkXpress is the favorite page layout software; interfacing it with Adobe software will be a big plus for us. Adobe Systems have continually put out and improved on excellent easy to learn and use products.

Moreover there is a fascination with design amongst the average non-artistically trained user that seems to be one of the major draws in purchasing a PC these days. I say this in view of the number of people we encounter who claim to be designers simply because they own a PC and believe that the ability to print fonts and images previously done through "paste-up" traditional means makes them so. Place an ad for a graphic artist these days and you'll receive literally thousands of responses; most from people who are nowhere close to being qualified.

These "home" users of course want the same software that professionals use and have no problem purchasing or "borrowing" these products. I speculate that the resurgence of Apple's MacIntosh and the enthusiasm of these "home" designers may be the cause of Adobe's 1999 increase in income.

So from a person in the field right up Adobe's alley and in view of the continually amazing software they produce -ok granted we've gotten pretty blase about it and we tend to complain while working, but the truth is the technology is amazing- I see no close competition anywhere around and I definitely believe that Adobe will remain on top and prosper for some years to come.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement