UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741477  
Subject: Running the show tonight Date: 2/4/2013 2:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The Tiger Den Leader is out of the state on business. He asked if anyone would lead the meeting for him. I told him I would but wanted to see if anyone else volunteered first. As usual, nobody did... so I'll be leading it.

The theme is Recycling. Pretty simple theme here in Ann Arbor... single-stream recycling in this town (no sorting necessary on the resident's end). Lots of stuff on the city/county websites, too much to print out in fact! My wife found a coloring book we got from the neighboring township when we visited their utilities over the summer (it was a "Passport" program, pretty cool actually!) with a maze and a word search, so that'll keep them busy for a few minutes. I even found a link to a transcript of a PBS program where they talked about how the Boy Scouts helped with recycling during WWII, and that kids collected most of the tens of millions of tons of material recycled (fits in with the "Do your duty to your country" part of the promise they say before every meeting). I'll bring in a couple of plastic containers to show them the triangle with the number on it, and there's a chart showing if it can be recycled or not. I even added in a thing about recycling CFL bulbs.

Besides that I'll be bringing in some paper bags so we can make puppets out of them. Next Monday we're going to the police department I work in for a Go-See-It, I printed out maps to that and the location of the Pinewood Derby on Saturday (and where HOPEFULLY someone can help set up on Friday... I'll be there of course!)

Should be a fun meeting tonight! My wife is coming with me, running the show and controlling my son might be a bridge too far (sometimes he's the worst listener, even with me sitting right there next to him!) Maybe with one of my eyes and two of my wife's eyes on him he'll behave tonight...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement