UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSelena Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21100  
Subject: Russia, from above Date: 11/16/2012 7:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Russia, looking rather lovely:

http://englishrussia.com/2012/11/15/saint-petersburg-observe...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFHockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19086 of 21100
Subject: Re: Russia, from above Date: 11/17/2012 9:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If the photographer is indeed a roofer he is missing his TRUE calling.

I understand Russia is VERY expensive to visit these days? Anyone have any experience?

Bob

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19087 of 21100
Subject: Re: Russia, from above Date: 11/17/2012 10:02 AM
I understand Russia is VERY expensive to visit these days? Anyone have any experience?

Going next late-summer. Would love to read of others' experiences, as well.

Chili

Author: markbrynn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19101 of 21100
Subject: Re: Russia, from above Date: 11/23/2012 9:40 AM
I travelled in Russia last summer (2011). My trip was with a backpack, staying in hostel type accomodation and riding the train (with a couple of stops) from Moscow to Beijing.

Moscow was relatively expensive. Accomodation (on the low end of the scale) was not cheap. About 60-80 euros for a small and not particularly nice room. Food was reasonable, there were restaurants where you could have a nice meal (not fast food) for similar prices to the US or Western Europe.

Trains are reasonably prices, especially if you consider the distance/time. We tried both 2nd and 3rd class (3rd is no separate rooms, just an open plan carriage with bunks, which was very safe and good fun).

We only spent about 15 days in the country and about 7 of them were on the train, but I found it to be okay on price. I'm sure if you stay in proper hotels and pay for people to set things up for you, etc. the prices will rise. Even with the language barrier we didn't find it so difficult to find our way around and buy tickets to visit the Kremlin and other sites. Buying the train tickets were a bit more of a challenge, but even that worked out.

Enjoy your trip,
markbrynn

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement