UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59653  
Subject: Russian Dashboard Cams Date: 2/20/2013 3:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
The Daily Show with John Stewart had a very funny segment on the dashboard cams that almost every Russian driver seems to have. It starts about 1/3 of the way through the episode.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-february-19-20...

Watch for the truck with the cows.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47968 of 59653
Subject: Re: Russian Dashboard Cams Date: 2/20/2013 10:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"The Daily Show with John Stewart had a very funny segment on the dashboard cams that almost every Russian driver seems to have. It starts about 1/3 of the way through the episode.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-february-19-20......

Watch for the truck with the cows." - intercst

---------------------

Okay, I worked in an abattoir in college and as a Winn Dixie and IGA meat cutter for several years so I know how to cut meat. I've done quite a bit of butchering on my own over the years, hogs, sheep, deer, goats, etc. so I've kept up my skills.

So, a number of years ago I was working with my brother, John, in his bee business down in Southeast Georgia when we were going down the road and guy in front of us tipped over and dumped to large cows out onto the road. The cows died in the wreck since he was going pretty fast. I begged my brother to pull over so I could see if he would let me have one of the cows.

We were in a large Ford F-350 with a lift gate on it so it wouldn't have been any problem to pick up one of the cows and drag it home and hang it and skin, gut, and butcher it. I couldn't talk my brother into it because he said he was too busy and we had too much work to do. I was frothing at the mouth to get my hands on at least one of those cows!

So a few days later John found out that the guy on the road gave away both cows to someone who stopped and that guy took them to a custom slaughterhouse and had both cows cut up for him. What a deal! John should have listened to me....

Art

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47993 of 59653
Subject: Re: Russian Dashboard Cams Date: 2/21/2013 2:21 AM
Recommendations: 5
When SGSpouse and I started becoming serious avocational archaeologists we spent a lot of time tracking down remote sites around Arizona. Often we found ourselves mapping artifact scatters and ruins on public lands that "spilled over" onto ranches. We would typically try to find out who owned the private land, then approach the ranchers and ask permission to go onto their land to document the archaeology features and artifacts. We learned that it helped to have some common topics of conversation with the ranchers if we wanted to be granted permission.

Even on public land, we were often in open range land with lots of cattle. SGSpouse, who grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, was scared to death of cattle. She wouldn't even get out of the truck to open gates if cattle was too close.

The solution to both problems was to become cattle owners so we started acquiring Texas longhorns. That gave us a number of topics to discuss with ranchers and also led SGSpouse to become quite comfortable around cattle.

So we joined the Texas Longhorn Breeder Association and started to breed and show cattle. We had a friend in the Association who brought his cattle to Phoenix and while taking them home on the freeway through the city had the gate to his trailer come open and all 8 longhorns got out and started running down the highway. As luck would have it, there had been a rodeo in town that day and a group of bulldoggers (steer wrestlers) traveling just behind him on the highway. The bulldoggers jumped into action and helped to roundup the longhorns and get them all back in the trailer. The local news coverage of the event that night was very entertaining.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement