Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I married last year, we bought a small ($6K) 5th wheel and I use it as my business office for my consulting business. (needed room in the house for the new DH).

I keep a "mileage" log on the RV for when we use it for personal travel. I paid for it cash. Can I take the 179 deduction for the portion of it used for business? Can I deduct the expenses associated with it (gas, maintenance)?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.