No. of Recommendations: 0
RV, I am with you all the way. I have the same stocks you mentioned, as well as COP (Conoco), and DOW, DUKE, and a few more to diversify my portfolios. I don't have much money, but what I have has been growing very well but reinvesting my dividends. I moved my stocks in my SEP-IRA to my Roth (taxes due), and kept the cash in the SEP-IRA, since I must take RMD's in about a year. Therefore, I will not have to sell the equities to take the RMD's. In addition, since I still work about 10 hours per week, I am able to take a few paychecks per year, thereby, placing 25% of those paychecks back into the SEP. Also, since I have earned income, I can place cash into my Roth.

Donna (who feels her cost of living will increase with age)
Print the post  

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.