No. of Recommendations: 0
Without going into detail, this statement, and others, would indicate Romney's plan will raise taxes on the wealthy. Earlier this month, he had drawn the line at $200k/$250k per year. Same as Obama's plan.

"The Obama campaign has blasted the Romney-Ryan ticket for not providing details on how it would give Americans such large tax breaks without growing the deficit. Ryan reiterated in an interview on "Fox News Sunday" that the plan would drop taxpayers' bills by 20 percent without costing a dime, due to closed tax loopholes, but he was short on specifics when pressed by host Chris Wallace.

“You haven’t given me the math,” Wallace said in one exchange.

“I don’t have the ... It would take me too long to go through all of the math,” Ryan responded.

“But let me say it this way,” he went on. “You can lower tax rates 20 percent across the board by closing loopholes and still have preferences for the middle class for things like charitable deductions, home purchases, for health care. What we’re saying is people are going to get lower tax rates and therefore they will not send as much money to Washington.”
"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/30/paul-ryan-tax-plan-...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
“But let me say it this way,” he went on. “You can lower tax rates 20 percent across the board by closing loopholes and still have preferences for the middle class for things like charitable deductions, home purchases, for health care. What we’re saying is people are going to get lower tax rates and therefore they will not send as much money to Washington.”

That sounds like a tax cut, certainly not like a tax hike for the wealthy.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Without going into detail ..."

Then that would just be like Romney and Ryan - "without going into detail."

Not unlike:

Step 1: Steal Underwear
Step 2:
Step 3: Profit!

Ken
"That sounds like a tax cut, certainly not like a tax hike for the wealthy. "

Romney/Ryan - all things to all people, just don't press for specifics.

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 1
Which is why I stated.

"Without going into detail, this statement, and others, would indicate Romney's plan will raise taxes on the wealthy. Earlier this month, he had drawn the line at $200k/$250k per year. Same as Obama's plan."

Talking about tax changes in the way they have, they are tripping all over each other saying some pretty contradictory things. But what has stayed the same is the above, lately.
Talking about tax changes in the way they have, they are tripping all over each other saying some pretty contradictory things. But what has stayed the same is the above, lately.

The word I use for this is "bullsh1t artistry".
They say a bunch of vague, contradictory things so that everyone can read into it what he wants.
It's no indication of anything.
They say a bunch of vague, contradictory things so that everyone can read into it what he wants.

Sort of like "Hope & Change" or "Forward."

Go for whatever strategy is proven.

"We need to pass the bill so we can see what's in it."
The word I use for this is "bullsh1t artistry".

Oh that's a crok of spit.

There is every indication that Romney/Ryan will do as they say.

It is a pretty standard mantra, cut deductions, cut rates, revenue neutral
Growth through Cap Gains rate saniuty and investing it spurs.

You may not agree with it, but it is pretty simple
Means testing phased in over time for SS stuff
Moves on the periphery on health care to try to reform not recreate with coverage.

Anyone who does not know what Romney Ryan want to do is simply a liar. Or not paying attention

Just as anyone who believe Obama has not been a mad regulator and a mad spender is also soimply either NOT paying attention or is a liar.

As far as regulation, one regulation with a huge impact is more regulation than a dozen small things. Obama has regulated, he has done it badly, very badly and he has done it for the widest impacts possible, so please stop the lying

Obama also got to spend a TON of money allocated by Bush. He spent it horribly. It is Bush's fault the money was there it is Obama's fault it was worse than merely wasted but made harmful

What each candidate will do is obvious in broad strokes and only liars or the uninformed will do that at this point.

Details? We kno EXACTLY why details are not forthcoming -- see RYAN pushing Grandma down a hill, with lies about what his policy is based on a disinformation campaign by the Dems. Please stop the lying or simply keep at PA where it is admired and embraced.
Advertisement