Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: gotthetshirt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 38  
Subject: Ryder/Penske Date: 3/27/2000 12:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I heard that some news organization had a story about Penske Aquiring Ryder on this morning. Does anybody have any details?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RogueRunner Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 38
Subject: Re: Ryder/Penske Date: 3/27/2000 4:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Discussion on CNBC this morning noted rumors that Ryder was in play with speculation that GE (Penske's parent) was going after it. Note that these were reported as "rumors" and the commentators also stressed that rumors along these lines have surfaced in the past.

Author: mwolf11 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25 of 38
Subject: Re: Ryder/Penske Date: 9/18/2000 2:52 PM
True- Penske has been looking at Ryder. I don't think that anything will happen in the next year.

-Ryder Employee

Author: foolford Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 38
Subject: Re: Ryder/Penske Date: 9/20/2000 7:02 PM
Why not ?
What have you heard (that you can reveal) ?
Any info would be appreciated.
Why is the stock drifting up ?
Thanks in advance

Author: clucker Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27 of 38
Subject: Re: Ryder/Penske Date: 9/21/2000 7:55 PM
A quote once made at a Miami meeting a few years back," there is not enough billions out there to take over this company". Maybe someone does have a buck or two. Hope so!

Retired Ryder System Employee

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement