Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Wow, I'm impressed with the quality of responses in this group. Therefore, I want to solicit some opinions:

I have an S-Corp that I formed last year and have been paying health insurance premiums from the business checking account. I am the only owner of the company and am aware of the 60% deductible limit for 2% shareholders. But, my question is, what, exactly, do I do to report the premiums. Do I put it on the W-2 for myself as an employee or do I make a 1099 for myself as an officer of the company? Then, if I do that, since I, as an individual, am paying taxes on that amount, do I then claim it as an expense in the business account? If I didn't, it seems to me that the money would be taxed twice....

Any comment?

Thanks in advance,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.