Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I friend of mine and I want to start a Internet based business ... we don't envision earning any money via this business for at least several years, but will need to invest some of our regular monthly income in infrastructure and services ... ownership and areas of responsibility are an issue so instead of just shaking hands on it we wanted something more formal ... furthermore, we don't expect to have anybody else involved in the operation ... so, LLC or S Corp? (or C Corp?) ... what implications does either have on Taxes ... if we have regular bimonthly income from our day jobs, from which we have withholding, do we also have to file quarterly tax statements (Form 1165?) in addition on behalf of the Corp (LLC)? ... the Idiot's Guide to Taxes doesn't help with this as far as i can tell and I didn't see it in the FAQ ... what about deductions? ... I'm assuming we can deduct our expenses on hardware, meetings, related travel, etc... depreciate physical assets over 5 or 3 years etc... Thanks in advance for your help
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.