UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10543  
Subject: Sad news Date: 1/30/2013 9:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
I came across this and thought it should be shared here.

http://boards.fool.com/michaelread-30516470.aspx
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10188 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/30/2013 9:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Very sad. Sorry to hear it.

Ken

Author: richinaz Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10189 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/30/2013 10:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
Sorry to hear the news. He will be missed.

Rich

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10190 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/30/2013 11:57 PM
Recommendations: 3
He was the locus of this board. It won't be the same without him.

1poorguy

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10191 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 1:12 AM
Recommendations: 2
The Fool - and I'm sure many other places - will be less for his absence.

He will be missed.

Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10192 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 2:16 AM
Recommendations: 5
Man, that is terrible... Michael was one of the finest I've known, always eager to lend an ear, offer advice, his insights... The recent postings we had on the Yamaha Soundbar led to side conversations, and in the back of my mind I was considering finding him for a face to face on our next wanderings to the NorthWest... He was my senior by only a few years, a good reminder to all of us to make the most of today, no guarantees what tomorrow brings.. I wish Elly all the best, she's in our hearts and minds as is Michael, this is truly a sad day, but, also a life well lived...

RIP Michael...

weco

Author: halco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10193 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 4:12 AM
It makes me sad to think that Michael won't get to sit in his HT and watch one of those 4k sets he was so excited about. OTOH, he was lucky to live in a time when the technology that he enjoyed so much was available and affordable and that there was a place like this where he could share his knowledge and enthusiasm with like-minded folk. I know he gave me a lot of help and advice in the last five or six years since I've been into the HT thing.

In X number of years when those 4k sets do become affordable and I sit down to watch my first movie on mine, I will think of MichaelR.

Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10194 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 8:45 AM
He left way too soon.

I think of him every time I blow a circuit firing up my amplifier.

Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10195 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 10:14 AM
Michael was simply the best contributor to this board, also a very kind and respected man. I will miss him.

Razz

Author: JoeandChuckP Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10198 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 8:22 PM
I am deeply saddened. A great gentleman. We are richer for knowing him.

CP

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10199 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 9:42 PM
Aw crap.

I really liked him

RM

Author: Steve819 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10200 of 10543
Subject: Re: Sad news Date: 1/31/2013 10:05 PM
Recommendations: 7
I'm very sad to hear the news. MichaelRead was always willing to spend hours of his time providing advice, amusing stories, and generally enriching peoples' lives. That's a rare and special human being, and I feel richer for having interacted with MichaelRead. His generosity and sense of humor were wonderful, and many of his posts showed how deeply he cared about the people around him.

If I learned all of that about MichealRead from reading his posts over the past decade, then I can only imagine what he must be like in real life on a day-to-day basis. I am sure his actions, deeds, and achievements must greatly exceed our somewhat limited view of MichealRead over here. For that Elly, I am truly sorry for your loss. I am sure that he made you feel like the best wife on the planet, and if we loved Michael so much from our limited interactions on the internet, it must be hard for you.

We will miss Michael.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement