UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LanRes Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 77358  
Subject: Sad news about missash (not confirmed) Date: 4/20/2011 11:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 56
Very sad news to share with readers here, especially with long-time Fools. A distinguished, retired physician who sounds a lot like missash (as self-described to us here) died on March 25, 2011. That’s about one week after his last post at TMF. I hesitate to disclose his name from a family privacy perspective at this time, but I will mention that this gentleman was highly regarded by his peers and patients. Naturally, that’s no surprise to us, as missash was always very generous to us, sharing his thoughts, questions, experience, and wisdom. I would like to hope that this discovery is mere coincidence, but the details are so close -- and his absence from posting so striking -- that I believe our worst fears may have indeed occurred.

In any case, I would encourage all to honor missash with spontaneous, thoughtful, and relatively brief posts about pertinent topics that spur discussion and the sharing of knowledge, observations, wisdom, and cautionary advice. Missash’s spirit of generosity, genuine concern, and continuing education will provide us with some much-needed comfort in his absence.

LanRes
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Related Boards
Real Estate Investing
This is a great board for Real Estate other than REITs.

Buying & Selling a Home
Get your personal advice about mortgages, agents, etc. here.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement