UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ZenvestorB Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1933  
Subject: Sad state of airlines Date: 1/29/2003 7:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Everybody,

In looking for possible value, it's hard to ignore the chance that the airlines at such low prices might offer some value.

But not looking at the industry all that much, I was surprised at what a mess that industry's in, at least financially. With huge losses still expected in 2003, it doesn't look like it's going to get much better.

Some figures are at my personal, non-commercial site http://members.aol.com/zenvestorb/

ZB
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jkm929 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1608 of 1933
Subject: Re: Sad state of airlines Date: 1/29/2003 11:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I would not go near the airline industry so long as airline passengers are viewed with suspicion.

jkm929

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1609 of 1933
Subject: Re: Sad state of airlines Date: 1/29/2003 1:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
You might want to check this out:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18440148

Author: crschoen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1614 of 1933
Subject: Re: Sad state of airlines Date: 1/30/2003 5:03 PM
Recommendations: 1
I've learned to simply avoid entire sectors that have unionized labor and are capital intensive such as the airline industry and the auto industry. Having worked at some places with union workforces I can tell you that they're always going to be a huge drag on profitability and productivity.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement