No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Everyone,

I am just now getting into the stock game and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out by giving suggestions on a safe stock to invest in, that has a great record in the past? I appreciate any good advice that can be offered.

Thank you for your time and assistance, it's greatly appreciated!

V/r
M. McKinney
Print the post Back To Top
Most investors are best off to begin with mutual funds. An S&P 500 Index fund such as Vanguards 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) or a total market fund such as VTI are good ones.

As your resources grow and as you gain experience, many would add an international fund, a growth fund, a hot sector fund, sometimes a bond fund. Then gradually add individual stocks as you become aware of good opportunities.

While you are learning, try a CAPs portfolio where you can experiment without losing cash. Once you learn to beat the S&P 500 (indicated by a positive score in your CAPs portfolio), you can easily convert to cash investments. Until then you are best off to use mutual funds and let the pros do the stock picking.
Professor Falken: Joshua, let's play an investing simulation game.

Joshua: Strange game, the only way to be sure not to loose any money is not to play.

The trick is to play an informed game. Don't place bets, don't trade stocks, buy companies you want to own because of who they are, not just how much money you think they can make for you.

Fuskie
Who notes any company in which you invest could go up or it could go down, or it could have no change (less likely)...
Advertisement