Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Safeway seems to have deep, systemic problems within their management ranks. Recently they accused my daughter of a theft at my local Safeway and placed my daughter's name on their seemingly all-important "LP Report". Managers were certain that my daughter stole $400. They said they had a photo...note, photo was of some Caucasian girl (my daughter is Hispanic) AND my daughter was not even in the country during the incident.

Crazier, I talked to store manager who accused her, then I talked with the GM of the store, then I talked to the District #84 Manager. Explained photo not her and she has been out of the country since July 9th and could not have been there on July 12...All refused to correct and they would not remove her name. We were even customers for 2 years up until this event. I was shocked at the their lack of common sense and benevolence.

Personally, I would never invest in this company due to my experience with their management. I would invest in companies who care about their customers as people, care less about some LP report, and don't try to falsely accuse frequent customers of crimes.

A Trader Joe's or a Publix would probably never have let this situation go past 1 hour! Safeway has seemingly enjoyed this misfortune for over 2 weeks and their managers still seem incapable or unwilling to correct.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement