Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Jeffreyw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 334  
Subject: Re: IBD Wine Glass Deepens Flavor Date: 8/7/2000 12:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Saglek,

I am a former CA transplant to Louisville, KY where wine is an enigma to most. Selection here is terrible because there is very little allocated to this area, and some wineries boycott KY because of archaic distribution laws recently enacted. I fully support the boycott, I wish ALL wineries would boycott KY, then we would see some changes in the law.

Fortunately, I have the ability to travel to Napa/Sonoma/Temecula regularly and can legally ship wine to myself from the wineries. I have about 35 cases laid down right now and would like to build that up to about 80-100 in the next five years. I probable have about 15-20 bottles of whites in the cellar, mostly oak-aged chardonnays, the rest are reds and a couple of cases of champagne.

My everyday reds are usually V. Sattui Red Table wine, Merlot, Zinfandel or Cabernet. My favorite varietal is the Petite Sirah, but V. Sattui does not grow those.

I mostly drink whites with fruity character with fruit/cheese appetizers, and Chardonnay with poultry. I prefer light reds or champagne with seafood, heavier reds with beef, rich pasta dishes, and mexican food. One or two glasses of red per day has reduced my cholesterol from 215 to about 180. I can not attribute it to any other cause, as I have made no other changes to my diet or lifestyle that would account for it, and I am older now, cholesterol should be going up, not down. Correction, I have become much closer to Christ in the last 7 years, it could be the power of prayer too.

Jeffrey
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement