Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently sold my primary residence for a gain, which I put down toward the purchase of my new primary residence. I know that they did away with the 1030 rollover program and I know that I don't qualify for the full real estate gain exemption ($250K for singles) as I only lived in the house for one year, but I thought that there would be a pro-rated version of the exemption law for those who owned less than two years. Does anyone know details on this? Thanks in advance,

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.