Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sold Home in May of 1996 had gain of 45K. Have not and will not purchase repalcement home within 24 mo time frame. can I report gain on 1998 tax return or do I have to amend my 1996 tax return. I am divorced now and I filed a joint return in 1996. I suspect Ex will not sign amended return. Help! New FOOL member.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.