UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Starrob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 268  
Subject: Samba - OMG! This girl knows how to samba Date: 3/22/2011 4:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Brazil is hands down my number #1 funnest place in the world. I think Brazil invented the party. They are the most partying people in the world and they hold the world's biggest party which is Mardi Gras Rio.

Mardi Gras Rio hands down beats anything in the world for fun......It just does. No one can name a comparable party on the scale of Mardi Gras Rio.

Right now, I am just in a Brazilian mood. I have been reminiscing on my time in Rio because I played this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

That song was out when I was in Rio and I had this little romance with this girl I met when my ship went to Rio in 1987. I used to get off of the ship every night and go to the then infamous seaman bars named the Cowboy Bar and Florida Bar. Brazil was SUPER wild in 1987.....it was wide, wide open.

It was hands down the funnest time in my life.....and the funnest time in my life got attached to the Dirty Dancing song because I would get stumbling drunk off of Brahma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_%28beer%29 and I would be hanging with my partners from the ship and we all grabbed our dream girls.... I had met this one girl in a whirl wind romance that lasted 3 weeks.

Me and my ship mates would get off work at 4 PM, be in the bars by 5 PM, meet our girls by 7 PM....party in the bar until about 3 AM....grab a hotel by 4 AM, get maybe 1 or 2 hours of sleep after some recreational activities and then back to the ship by 8 AM, where I would go to work into a dirty, very hot engine room and sweat the alcohol out all day in a perpetual hangover...the whole day everyone would be saying, "I am going to stay on the ship tonight" but then 4 PM would roll around and we would start the whole thing again....THERE IS NOTHING LIKE RIO back in the day.....Even the Rio of today can not compare to back then....It is a lost time. I have so many stories that I have never told because they only really have meaning to the people that were there at that time with me.

Every night, it was the same thing...Drink some Brahma...Eat some Batatas Fritas http://www.google.com/images?q=batatas+fritas&oe=utf-8&a... then head to the Florida Bar where I would meet up with my girl and they kept playing the song, "I had the time of my life and I never felt this way before"......and you know what? It was true. I never felt that way before and I never felt that way since. I did my own "Dirty Dancing"...I did not have to watch no stinking movie because I lived it....

I left a piece of my heart in Brazil because later on I found out that girl I was with got murdered in the streets of Rio.....life is so cheap there. I can never hear that Dirty Dancing song without crying....I cry for many reasons. I cry because I know it is impossible to recapture that height of fun ever again. I cry for my lost youth. I cry most of all for the girl....It was a very sad thing.

I been so many places in the world but Brazil was the funnest...nothing else compares....It is just everything about the place....the music, the food, the people, the party atmosphere....for a just graduated college age kid....well, it is like a kid in the candy store.

Enough reminiscing...I just found this clip that gives a example of what I like about Brazil..You could be just walking down the street in some parts of Brazil and all of a sudden you will run across people playing the samba drums and dancing the samba. Guys this girl would burn you on the dance floor. Even the Brazilian guys used to dancing Samba can't hang with this girl in the video...I just laugh....these Brazilian girls are something else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWjT3CcZ288

Starrob
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement