Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JamesWAllen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 143730  
Subject: Sammy-Mosiad Documents Date: 11/14/2007 8:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=3666&mn=137896&pt=msg&mid=3452441

Msg: 137896 of 137934 11/14/2007 3:09:30 AM
Author: usn_wxman send pm · add member to favs · ignore · recommend

view thread, thread start In response to msg 137849 by foogie32 Recs: 21

Re: When does Sammy have to produce the docs?

Do we believe RMBS already knows what is in these documents?<<

Yes, I think Rambus does know.

What is it we hope to find in them if indeed we ever get them? Any real ideas?<<

Not sure exactly but they lead Joe Cotchett to say (paraphrase) "These documents are dynamite. They will go all the way to the Supreme Court before they let those in court".

More anecdotal evidence:
Sammy paid Mosaid Half a Billion dollars when these documents were about to come into open court.
Mu settled with Tessera on the eve of trial when the Judge in East Texas said he was going to try the AT portion of that trial first. Apparently, the Judge knew that may spur some settlement action. Apparently, he was right, LOL.

I think the docs they are fighting so hard to keep from being admissable will make Linda Turner's comments look like she was planning for a Girl Scout bake sale. So far, they (the cartel) have settled twice when they could not keep them out.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JamesWAllen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140105 of 143730
Subject: Re: Sammy-Mosiad Documents Date: 11/14/2007 9:59 AM
Recommendations: 0
Sammy paid Mosaid Half a Billion dollars when these documents were about to come into open court.

According to this article, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/20/mosaid_sues_hynix/, it was probably $12.5m a quarter for five years. That's $250m, not a half billion dollars (US or Canadian?). Still, that's not pocket change.

I don't see the relationship between Cotcheet and these documents. This order to produce documents is in HJW's court. I beliee that this is an order to produce documents that Sammy did produce during its trial with Mosaid.

Jim

Author: JamesWAllen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140223 of 143730
Subject: Re: Sammy-Mosiad Documents Date: 11/20/2007 9:24 AM
http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=3666&mn=140204&pt=msg&mid=3494109

return to board, top of boardMsg: 140204 of 140492 11/19/2007 7:52:57 PM
Author: NukeJohn send pm · add member to favs · ignore · recommend

view thread, thread start In response to msg 140185 by jjr66 Recs: 33

Re: What a nice present for Samsung as they dropped off all their documents

jjr,

I recently read a ruling (or a brief) on Pacer. It appears that Samsung now has until Nov. 29th to turn over the documents. If you recall, they settled with Mosaid before they had to turn over the documents (at least that is my recollection). I think it is very possible we could see a repeat scenario here.

JMHO,

NJ

Author: JamesWAllen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140227 of 143730
Subject: Re: Sammy-Mosiad Documents Date: 11/20/2007 9:42 AM
http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=3666&mn=140325&pt=msg&mid=3495102

return to board, top of boardMsg: 140325 of 140509 11/19/2007 10:55:40 PM
Author: McQ5 send pm · add member to favs · ignore · recommend

view thread, thread start In response to msg 140204 by NukeJohn Recs: 25

Hey NJ,

Looks like they have until 3 Dec 2007. Here is the stipulation:

Plaintiff Rambus Inc. (“Rambus”) and Defendants Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Samsung Electronics America, Inc., Samsung Semiconductor, Inc., and Samsung Austin Semiconductor, L.P. (collectively “Samsung”) (“Parties”) hereby stipulate that Samsung is granted an extension to produce or log documents, if any, contained on one identified hard drive that Samsung’s counsel received from Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. that Samsung’s counsel is currently processing and reviewing for production, that are responsive to Judge Read Ambler’s November 7, 2007 Order Granting Rambus Inc.’s Motion to Compel Samsung’s Production of Documents, Interrogatory Responses, and Supplemental Written Responses to Requests for Production (“Order”). Samsung’s production of relevant, non-privileged documents from the hard drive, if any, will be delivered to Rambus by December 3, 2007. This supplemental production, if any, from the identified hard drive is deemed to be in compliance with the Order. Similarly, Samsung will be granted an extension, until December 3, 2007, to serve supplemental written responses, pursuant to the Order, to Rambus’s Requests for Production.

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
Samsung is granted an extension to December 3, 2007 to produce or log documents responsive to the Order, if any, that are contained on the identified hard drive that Samsung’s counsel is currently processing and reviewing for production and to serve its supplemental written responses to Rambus’s Requests for Production, pursuant to the Order.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:

PURSUANT TO STIPULATION, IT IS SO ORDERED:

Dated: ______________, 2007

Honorable Read Ambler (Ret.)

Special Master

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140240 of 143730
Subject: Re: Sammy-Mosiad Documents Date: 11/20/2007 11:58 AM

Hey NJ,

Looks like they have until 3 Dec 2007. Here is the stipulation:

Sounds to me like Samsung showed up with a lot of documents and "Oh, and we just discovered this one additional hard drive we need to go through - we don't yet know if it contains anything relevant and non-duplicative. Can we have some extra time for it?"

Author: JamesWAllen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 140248 of 143730
Subject: Re: Sammy-Mosiad Documents Date: 11/20/2007 3:37 PM
warrl,

Sounds to me like Samsung showed up with a lot of documents and "Oh, and we just discovered this one additional hard drive we need to go through - we don't yet know if it contains anything relevant and non-duplicative. Can we have some extra time for it?"

I don't think the extra days are significant. I just wanted to nail down the date with that post.

Jim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement