UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hilcntry One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10516  
Subject: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/4/2013 11:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings:

Update from my 1/31/13 post re Amazon app not showing up on a Samsung
BD-EM59C Blu-ray dvd player.
Downloaded software update as suggested, Thanks.
No help, still no Amazon Prime. Spent a couple hours on the phone with
Samsung and Amazon. Samsung says call Amazon they will talk you down
on loading their app. Amazon says that dvd is not updateable, app
has to be loaded at time of manufacture.

Is either one, Amazon or Samsung giving me good information?
I guess next step is to return dvd to Costco and have them sell me a
model with Amazon on it.

thanks,

Tom/hilcntry
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10206 of 10516
Subject: Re: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/4/2013 1:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Based on what I'm finding with Google, it appears Amazon does not have an app for Samsung players.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20video%20on%20demand?_en...

(That was one of several similar discussions I found.)

Returning to Costco may be your best bet. I got my Sony player from Costco, and it has it (though I never use Amazon).

Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10207 of 10516
Subject: Re: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/4/2013 2:24 PM
I bought the Samsung HT-D6730W Home Theater System for my Samsung E7150 W TV, and I have and have used the Amazon video app. I did not go get it. I just connected things and turned them on and let them update.

Karen

Author: hilcntry One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10208 of 10516
Subject: Re: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/4/2013 2:47 PM
Thanks to 1poorguy and Karen for their quick replies.

The clerk at Costco told me that player had Amazon on it,
they are not a whole lot of help.

Because I'm dealing with Costco, I don't expect a hassl
when I return it.

Read the thread that 1poorguy directed me to. Do you suppose
that Amazon snubs Samsong because they are marketing some
competing phone products?

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10209 of 10516
Subject: Re: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/4/2013 3:16 PM
Yeah, Costco is great in many ways. And their staff really does try to be helpful. But they aren't really gurus (usually). You sorta have to know what you're looking at because the staff probably doesn't. (I recently called a shed manufacturer to get some info because the Costco dudes simply didn't know.)

Your manual (and likely the box too) should tell you what is available with that player. If it lists Amazon, and you're not getting it, then I'd be burning up the lines to Samsung demanding better answers.

As you say, if you need to return it there isn't anyplace easier than Costco.

No idea about competing products. I wouldn't think Amazon would care, really, because you're still their customer (Amazon Prime) and they want their customer to stay happy lest you leave them and take your money with you. But then sometimes companies do stupid things that drive customers away.

Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10210 of 10516
Subject: Re: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/4/2013 3:43 PM
Recommendations: 1
I just found this statement on Amazon:

On your Samsung TV manufactured beginning in 2012, you start the registration process from the SmartHub home screen. On your Samsung TV manufactured in 2009 or 2010, you start the registration process from the widget gallery.

Karen

Author: hilcntry One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10215 of 10516
Subject: Re: Samsung Amazon app update Date: 2/5/2013 7:39 AM
To Karen:

Thanks for the time you spent looking into my problem.
think you have to go back to my original post.
I puchased two Samsung Smart devices, tv and Blr-ray dvd.
They were installed in 2 different home theater locarions in
the house. Both devices were registered with Samaung.
The Smart tv has Amazon Prime on it and operates as advertized.
The tv at the other location "man cave" isn't of the Smart
variety and I figured a Blr-ray dvd player there would get me access
to Amazon without updating the tv.

Thanks again, goint to exchange dvd player and post results.

Tom/hilcntry

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement