UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20733  
Subject: San Francisco Date: 5/27/2013 2:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, the times have changed. I posted on the Micro Economics Board (because of the diversity there), about a trip I am planning to SF (at that time in October of 2013). My former roommate is coming to visit me from Japan (she moved back to take care of her elderly parents) and can stay for 3 months. She will probably come in April, 2014 and stay until June. On her way back, we will both fly (or ride the train) to San Francisco from Columbia, SC and stay a few days. I have been there but only for 1-1/2 days while on layover for a trip to Hawaii.

We do want to see Fisherman's Wharf (probably eating our way through it), and China Town. Everything else is up for grabs. When there previously, I stayed at the Mark Hopkins and ate at the Top of the Mark, but Yoko and I will be on a fairly tight budget, as both of us are now retired.

All suggestions would be most appreciated. Suggestions include accommodations (probably close to BART), as I changed my mind about renting a car, eating establishments, places to see, etc. We both like to walk, but we must take into consideration that I will be almost 70 and she will be almost 69 when we take the trip. We are physically young for our age, but you do know that age will creep up on you.

Donna
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement