UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chadwickfool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: sans 401k Date: 7/27/2000 12:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just jumped to a new job without a 401k. And i'm looking for an investment option to sock some retirement money away in. I already max out my Roth, but are there any other alternatives that offer at least some tax breaks?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23729 of 75381
Subject: Re: sans 401k Date: 7/27/2000 2:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just jumped to a new job without a 401k. And i'm looking for an investment option to sock some retirement money away in. I already max out my Roth, but are there any other alternatives that offer at least some tax breaks?

Sorry, but employees are limited to the $2,000 annual IRA contribution and whatever plan(s) offered by the employer.

If you're interested in investing long-term in stocks, that has the same effect as a tax-deferred retirement account. You don't pay tax on the capital gains until you sell. More more information about the taxation of capital gains, check out the Investment Issues section of the Tax FAQ's, accessible through the QuickFind dropdown menu at the upper right of this screen.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement