Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: katiewa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9935  
Subject: SAT test prep class Date: 2/1/2014 6:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This morning, Saturday, we kicked off our free test prep class with the full-length practice exam on the SAT website. Had 9 students and 1 parent show up at 7:45am on a day when the skiing was fabulous. At least 2 others would have come but they have the flu. Not strict test conditions, but close enough for starters--and I didn't have to score anything.

After-school sessions start Monday, with a different subject offered each day. Have 26 students signed up--sounds as though many will come to all three subjects.

I'm really excited about this--not only as a way to help our kids improve their test scores (few have ever taken strictly timed tests that require you to work for almost 4 hours), but as a covert means of getting them to practice what their teachers are trying to teach.

If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to share. I'm using some SAT material that our school has access to, as well as stuff from other free websites.

Thanks.
Kathleen
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement