UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 127473  
Subject: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/8/2013 11:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I've used Realtor.com quite a bit to save the properties I am interested in, but time after time something goes wrong with my saved properties, to the point where I don't want to use them anymore. What real estate site do you use to search for properties and save your searches/finds?

IP

not overwhelmed with Longandfoster.com either
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126597 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
I drive or walk around a neighborhood I want to purchase a property in and take notes & collect listing information. If a Realtor doesn't have a free flyer to take with me I just pass on the property because they have hired a dumb, stupid Agent to list and sell their property.

Or it could be 20 people drove by earlier in the day than you and took all of the fliers. A smart agent has a link to their website with the property listed online and it is the dumb customer that sticks to fliers only.

PSU

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126601 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 12:30 PM
Recommendations: 0
A smart seller-Realtor team has the seller with extra fliers to refill the empty Literature box when the last flyer has been taken. That is the least the seller can do to help their Agent sell their listed property.

It could be the seller is at work or out of town that day. Take your smartphone and scan the QR code.

PSU

Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126606 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 1:11 PM
Recommendations: 6
A smart seller-Realtor team has the seller with extra fliers to refill the empty Literature box when the last flyer has been taken. That is the least the seller can do to help their Agent sell their listed property.

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional

Seriously?? In this day & age with cell phones and internet, buyers find houses by driving around neighborhoods looking for ForSale signs? You really believe this?

The only people who pick up a flyer out of a Literature box are the neighbors who are curious what Joe&Susan are asking for their house.

Serious buyers either call the agent or look it up online.

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126609 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 1:33 PM
I shop in multiple states, researching target areas on line before I go shopping in person. Drive byes and picking up fliers is simply not an option even if it were one that fit with my desire to operate in the current century.

In researching an area I track several homes to watch their sales pattern of decreased price, sales price and time on market. New listings are sent to my inbox so that I can get a good handle on the local market and where it is heading. Realtor.com used to be good, but my account has once again lost all of the saved homes, previously losing my research comments I had spent hours putting together. Used to be able to click on a tab that would provided only the saved listings with updates, which made it very easy to check my dozens of saved properties very easily, but that stopped working some time ago as well.

So I am looking for a searchable national data base that is capeable of saving listings and accepting research notes, preferably sortable by town or price. Something like Realtor.com that actually will not lose my info on a regular basis.

IP

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126610 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 1:42 PM
buyers find houses by driving around neighborhoods looking for ForSale signs?

Yes, they do.

Yard signs are the most obvious, yet under-utilized selling tool in the Realtor's arsenal. If you are one of those Realtors who is still married to the gatekeeper business model in which all information about the home should be closely held, you may be missing real opportunities to expand your business. It begins with the ordinary yard sign.

The yard sign is your chance to show neighbors, seller's relatives, buyers and other sellers how you can really pull out the stops to market a home. By festooning the sign with sign riders, feature sheet holders, and email addresses, you make the sign come alive with enthusiasm and energy. Anyone who looks at such a busy sign will see a busy agent who is determined to sell this particular home.

Think about the curiosity factor. Wouldn't you be tempted to stop and look at a home that invites you to "Take One, Please?" By comparison, a sign with only a broker's name and a phone number looks exactly like what it is - an advertisement for the broker, not the home.

The purpose of your sign is to stimulate activity around the home. By making people stop, look and think about this home, you are expanding your customer base. Curious neighbors and Sunday drivers could be your next clients.

http://realtytimes.com/agentnews/marketingadvice1/item/22010...

I just sold a house to a couple who found the house as they were out driving around.

Author: Raladic Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126612 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 1:56 PM
I use redfin.com which has excellent search and automatic alerts when a new property comes on.

Zillow.com is also good, but isn't as fast as they're not part of the MLS system, so listing here can be a day or two old.

On top of that, our Buyers agent had their own MLS linked listing system that similarly to redfin would alert us when a new propery came on that matches our criteria.

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126614 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 3:03 PM
Thanks. I'll take a closer look at Redfin. I find that Zillow often had updated info faster than Realtor.com. They used to be pretty much the only game in town, but now they are the old dog.

IP

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126615 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 3:08 PM
Hmmm. Redfin seems to like to keep you local. Tried switching from WV area where I had previously looked at a listing on Redfin and it still remembered, down to SC. Kept on redirecting me to the original area. I've had similar problems with Zillow in the past.

IP

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126617 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 3:26 PM
You might also try Trulia.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126621 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 5:17 PM
The purpose of your sign is to stimulate activity around the home. By making people stop, look and think about this home, you are expanding your customer base.

But Kahunacfa was talking about when he's the buyer. Wouldn't a buyer want the seller's agent to be dumb and lazy, since bad marketing is more likely to mean fewer interested parties, and therefore a better price for the buyer?

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126622 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 5:32 PM
Recommendations: 2
Wouldn't a buyer want the seller's agent to be dumb and lazy, since bad marketing is more likely to mean fewer interested parties, and therefore a better price for the buyer?

It's more likely to mean a deal that falls through. A good Realtor is worth a lot for both parties.

IP

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126625 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 6:18 PM
Wouldn't a buyer want the seller's agent to be dumb and lazy, since bad marketing is more likely to mean fewer interested parties, and therefore a better price for the buyer?
---------------------------------
It's more likely to mean a deal that falls through. A good Realtor is worth a lot for both parties.

I'm pretty sure kahuna would be looking at properties from an investing point of view. He's not looking to live in it. I would assume a good Realtor would price it pretty accurately at market value. He would be looking for one priced below market which I assume is more likely with a dumb and lazy Realtor.

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126626 of 127473
Subject: Re: Saveable Real Estate Searches Date: 12/9/2013 6:23 PM
He would be looking for one priced below market which I assume is more likely with a dumb and lazy Realtor.

Getting a contract between buyer and seller is only a small part of what has to be done to complete a sale. Number one is managing emotions. A lazy selling agent is not going to communicate properly with their client and the unwatched pot will boil over.

IP

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement