Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was trying to figure out the best way to save for my daughters college
expenses. My wife and I combined have an AGI around $125,000 and
contribute to our employers 401K plan. It seems that the new
Educational IRA is a good way to open a mutual fund account, however, it
limits our contributions to $500/year. If we want to invest more would
it make sense to open a tradional or Roth IRA mutual fund account and
simply take an early distribution for our daughter's educational
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.