UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: charleeschele Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76397  
Subject: Saving Late Date: 10/27/2000 5:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just starting to get serious about retirement and savings due to numerous reasons - so...what does a person do when they're 50 and have mediocre income, trying to pay down some bills, and still save? What's the best way to save now?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25795 of 76397
Subject: Re: Saving Late Date: 10/27/2000 7:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Just starting to get serious about retirement and savings due to numerous reasons - so...what does a person do when
they're 50 and have mediocre income, trying to pay down some bills, and still save? What's the best way to save now?

Maybe read the living below your means board.

Author: Ringfinger Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25818 of 76397
Subject: Re: Saving Late Date: 10/28/2000 7:58 PM
I frequent that board. That will help you to reduce your expenses.

Does your employer offer a match on a 401k? If so, that is the quckest way to build up some retirement money.

Debt comes first, but don't turn down free money from your employer.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement