Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: maniakes Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11711  
Subject: Saving to purchase my next car Date: 10/21/2002 10:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Last May I finally paid off my current car, a 1996 Saturn. The car has about 85K miles and I expect it to last several more years. When I get ready to buy my next car, I'd love to pay cash, rather than finance it. My question: What is the best way to get to my desired goal of paying cash? The general rule of thumb for investing in equities is that if you need the money in less than 5 years, don't buy stocks. Stashing cash in a money market account at 1.75 percent interest doesn't seem to be the best bet. So what are my other options? Any suggestions?

rwd
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement