UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: blarghmatey One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35351  
Subject: Savings bond question Date: 4/7/2008 9:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
While visiting my old coworkers back in Hot Springs, Arkansas a few weeks ago, I was reminded that one of my rewards for being named employee of the year in 1999 was a $250 federal savings bond.
Sadly, I have NO idea where the certificate is. I've moved four times since then, and it's in all probability vanished into the abyss. I also don't even believe the bank it was guaranteed by is in operation any longer, although I think it may have been absorbed by another local bank. The name of the bank was Alliance Bank, and I believe it was based out of Arkadelphia, Arkansas. I think it may have merged with Summit Bank several years ago...
My question is, without the certificate and without a definite contact at the bank or if the bank no longer exists, is there any way to redeem it? I believe it was a 10 year bond, and although the amount is very small, money is money.
I really have no idea where to start! TIA for any help!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement