UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: TheJTrain Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12878  
Subject: Re: While we're at it - Diane Date: 1/17/2013 3:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
saw the new 30-06 in my older brother's closet, hmmm.. Kablooey... through two double walls, across the path that my folks came up not ten minutes later... No blowout, missed any nails, wiring, so I was able to cover it over.. What noise? Lesson learned, could have been disastrous..

So he stored it irresponsibly and you found out what happens when the most basic safety lessons (The Four Rules) have yet to be learned. And that failure on your and your brother's parts means that I don't deserve to own something similar and store it safely and responsibly and teach my theoretical (or not so theoretical, who knows) kids about The Four Rules and what to do when, etc.? Says you.

But I've 4 or 5 oldies 'd turn over, as it is the Baretta I engraved my CDL into it years ago, so I'll just chop it up... Slow speed carbide Porter Cable chop saw will slice em all up, toss 'em in the blue recycle bin... One really old Winchester pump is badly worn, pull the stock off, chop it up, no need for any of 'em...

So why don't you? Your discarding of the hobby and willingness to destroy a well-crafted functional American product does not mean you get to forcibly extend that action upon other law-abiding citizens who would otherwise choose not to.

JT
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement