UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1955245  
Subject: Scaremongering Date: 2/22/2013 5:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Really, libs. Trotting out LaHood to get him to "reason with his party"? Whatever. These so-called cuts aren't cuts at all: IIRC we're going to spend MORE next next year even with this sequester nonsense in place.

But never let a crisis go to waste, right, gang? Here's LaHood tossing his integrity out the window and threatening to have 4 hour waits in the airport:

http://cdn.rollcall.com/news/lahood_tries_to_wake_up_gop_on_...

First, I love the headline:
"LaHood Tries to 'Wake Up' GOP on Sequester"

Whatever. This was Obama's idea. That he won't admit it tells you about his governing style.

“I would describe my presence here with one word: Republican,” LaHood said from the White House podium. “They’re hoping that maybe I can influence some of the people in my own party.”

LaHood warned more than 100 regional airports would see their air traffic control towers close due to sequestration, and passengers should expect delays of 90 minutes during peak times at major airports once furloughs of air traffic controllers take effect in order to maintain safety.

He called on Republicans to step up and compromise.

“I suggest that my former colleagues on the Republican side go see the movie ‘Lincoln,’ because in the move ‘Lincoln’ it shows how hard it was back then to get things done,” he said. “But what Lincoln did was he gathered people around him the way that I believe President Obama is doing by calling Republicans, talking to them, trying to work with them, and when that happens big things get solved.”

With all due respect, Mr. Secretary: cram it. I hope the warm fuzzy from the White House you got for this pack of BS was worth it.

To wit:
1. We're spending more next year than this year. Ergo, no cuts.
2. What we do spend on things like TSA is entirely up to the Executive branch. It can prioritize spending on discretionary items however it wants.

These scare tactics are little more than things to get Low Information Obama Voters all riled up. Have some dignity Mr. President, and govern for once in your life.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861731 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/22/2013 6:35 PM
Recommendations: 1
This was Obama's idea.

No, it was per Boehner's demands.

Boehner demanded spend cuts--and he got what he considered acceptable.

The countdown continues until the Boehner-demanded-and-agreed spending cuts go into effect. If you don't want to look at the facts, well, that is understood. Reality is not your strong suit.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861742 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/22/2013 8:46 PM
Remember, Boner bragged he got 90% of what he wanted and voted for it while shepherding it through the House.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861863 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/23/2013 4:25 PM
Recommendations: 0
Have some dignity Mr. President, and govern for once in your life.

He is governing, but he is no longer kow-towing to the rigid extremists who see any kind of middle ground as a total defeat. For whatever reasons they claim sole ownership of and adhesion to like, a balanced budget, cutting spending, national defense, etc), they would rather let the nation fall than compromise.

You guys had your chance in 2008-9, and your guys blew it. They stepped in to stop another worldwide recesson.

Talk about BS. That's the only organic ingredient in your tea bags.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861873 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/23/2013 5:04 PM
ROTFL. Riiiight. You people wanted to compromise, ever.

Fact remains. Obama's lying his behind off and spending really isn't getting cut. Low info voters, I.e. those who went for Obama, eat up the kind of permanent campaign that he runs in lieu of doing his job.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861898 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/23/2013 6:16 PM
“They’re hoping that maybe I can influence some of the people in my own party.”

The triumph of hope over experience. Sooner or later, President Obama is going to have realize that GOP 2013 can't be moved by either reason or compassion.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861940 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/23/2013 9:17 PM
Fact remains. Obama's lying his behind off and spending really isn't getting cut. Low info voters, I.e. those who went for Obama, eat up the kind of permanent campaign that he runs in lieu of doing his job.

The last nail in defining a fanatic is that he can turn any fact or argument that disproves his position into proof for it.

Fact has nothing to do with it, other than the fact that you believe yourself totally right and you have intolerance and contempt, which you cannot hide, for anyone who doesn't see things as you do, and especially those who call you on your failure to make your case.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1862155 of 1955245
Subject: Re: Scaremongering Date: 2/25/2013 9:40 AM
So everyone is scared stiff and worried as hem, that future spending increases won't be as high as originally fabricated. The government will only spend $15 billion or so More this year than last. Woe is us, we will implode, everything has to stop.

It would be interesting to see where Obama's team would apply these minuscule cuts in a gargantuan budget. It's like the average family was going to spend $1,000 more on vacation this year, but is only going to spend $995 more. Love to see the Chevy Chase Vacation sequel on that plan ;)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement