Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dummyhead Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122638  
Subject: Schedule C, SE or both Date: 2/7/2000 9:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Fools!
Okay, here is my question and I cannot get a straight answer ANYWHERE so you are my only hope!:

I had an "at home/sideline" business in 1999 selling PartyLite candles. This business is similar to Longeberger, Pampered Chef, Avon, etc... I keep no inventory on hand except for demonstrators. HOW DO I FILE MY TAXES??!! I received a 1099-MISC from PartyLite but it says that I didn't meet the sales requirement of $6000 nor did I meet the awards requirement of $600 to get a 1099, but attached to this same sheet of paper is a 1099. I thought that alone was strange. I will need to deduct business expenses for my car as well as for postage and other supplies. I know I'll need to file a SE, But do I still file the C as well?????

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Taking Candy From Strangers
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.