Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Carchofa Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121477  
Subject: Schedule D Date: 1/27/2004 9:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can anyone recommend some good programs or tools to help with keeping track of capital gains and losses, such that a printout can be made and attached to you tax return form, instead of filling in Schedule D by hand each year (assuming a relatively large number of trades will be made, therefore the headache in filling out the tax form). For example, are people keeping their trade data in Excel format and printing that out at the end of the year. Thanks.

Matt
Print the post Back To Top
Author: edcosoft Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68924 of 121477
Subject: Re: Schedule D Date: 1/27/2004 11:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Most of them are on the web, and they all treat Wash sales in some way. Try the D-1 spreadsheet at www.edcosoft.com/d1.html which isn't free, but I don't think any of them are. ed

Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 68941 of 121477
Subject: Re: Schedule D Date: 1/28/2004 10:05 AM
With our brokerage accts. at Fidelity, we can get a printout of realized gains/losses for each account at any time during the year.

You may be able to the same thing, depending on what your broker offers.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement