No. of Recommendations: 2
schvitzing: {{{Only our home will pass through the wills.}}}

JAFO: <<<What about personal property - clothes, jewelry, vehicles, pots & pans, etc.? Will they not also pass by will?>>>

schvitzing: "Best is not to specifically identify them. They're identified in our wills as "tangibles". "I give and bequeath my tangible personal property to such of my children as shall survive me, to be divided and distributed among them as nearly as possible in equal shares according to value in such manner as they shall agree."

If they don't agree, then by lots."

I did not say to identify specific items; I asked about personal property also passing by will, contrary to to your prior post where you wrote that "only our home will pass through the wills" and now you seem to agree with me and contradict your earlier post.

Also, I mentioned personal property, which is all property that is not real property and personal property includes tangible personal property and intangible personal property. How are you passing your intangible personal property? Is that passed apart of the residual estate? Or do you have another method for handling it?

Regards, JAFO
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement