No. of Recommendations: 2
My SDS hedge cleared today. The charts are ready for a Christmas rally.

I put in an order for Portugal Telecom at 4.60.

Tim,

Need pipeline companies.

I like ERF, but the chart is too ragged and I have doubts that the price of oil will be much sustained above 100 dollars a barrel. (We haven't fracked the whole world yet.)

However, we will ship the stuff, the cheapest way to do it is in a pipe.

Cheers
Qazulight
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Need pipeline companies.

I like ERF, but the chart is too ragged and I have doubts that the price of oil will be much sustained above 100 dollars a barrel. (We haven't fracked the whole world yet.)

However, we will ship the stuff, the cheapest way to do it is in a pipe.

Qazulight

ERF's major problem is not oil, that part could easily be fixed with a pipeline to tidewater. They still produce a lot of Nat gas and that could really use higher prices. Not a lot different than a few of my other guys that do both oil and gas such as PennWest.

I currently own TRP that does a lot more than just pipes though that is their heritage. I also own Altagas that is a polyenergy fellow including the only existing Nat gas pipeline to the west coast, don't know if they have a US listing. Another one I really like (since you mention it) is a fracker called FRC.to (how cool is that?), actually it is Canyon Services that I think I mentioned when I bought it 15 Nov.

http://www.google.ca/finance?q=TSE%3AFRC&ei=NmLHUOD0IsmZ...

Enbridge is the flavour of the year pipeline guy but I think it is over priced... probably for that very reason.

I'm sure you have noticed that none of those is US, that is deliberate as I don't like having the IRS hold onto part of my dividends held in a tax free account.

Cheers
Tim
No. of Recommendations: 0
Q~light

why PT ??? massive dividend but price is down down down

Price Target Summary
Mean Target: 5.49
Median Target: 5.49
High Target: 5.49
Low Target: 5.49
No. of Brokers: 1

just curious!!

Alan
No. of Recommendations: 1
why PT ??? massive dividend but price is down down down

Telecoms in Brazil, Angola and Mozambique. Most of the profits from there. Take a look at the demographics. We are old, they are not.

(Google Gapminder and play with the data for a while)

You get the up and coming market exposure without the up and coming market hype and you avoid the BRIC premium, and you get to take advantage of the Euro hysteria.

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 1
Tim,

That little fracker may be one of the best speculations out there. I suspect that there is gas just about everywhere. Pipelines won't help, gas to liquid plants won't help the price either, because by the time they get built, everyone will be fracked.

Reminds me of a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYW5dcPDWI

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 0
That little fracker may be one of the best speculations out there.

Chuckle

Methinks they may be a somewhat seasonal business but debt free and funding growth from operations along with a pretty sweet dividend and good rep in the business, can't be too bad. They are planning to move into North Dakota which should be interesting as some of the current bunch of cowboys there are upsetting the locals with less than best practice.

Oh, up 12.6% in the first weeks of ownership ain't bad either. }};-D

Tim
Advertisement