UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1951584  
Subject: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 2:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 56
Boston’s local NBC affiliate WHDH reported this morning that Doherty’s mother objected to Romney using the story in a campaign speech. “I don’t trust Romney. He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” said Barbara Doherty. WHDH even suggested that it reached out to Romney’s campaign for comment, reporting that “there was no response from the Romney camp.” Yet Romney used the same story in stump speech today in Ohio."

In other words, "Screw the SEAL and mom too, ME FIRST!"
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823017 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 3:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Boston’s local NBC affiliate WHDH reported this morning that Doherty’s mother objected to Romney using the story in a campaign speech. “I don’t trust Romney. He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” said Barbara Doherty. WHDH even suggested that it reached out to Romney’s campaign for comment, reporting that “there was no response from the Romney camp.” Yet Romney used the same story in stump speech today in Ohio."

The righties have priorities. They're far more interested in getting Big Bird out of Obama ads than in protecting these "brave young men."

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823049 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 4:04 PM
Recommendations: 4

Meanwhile...
"In comments that have gotten far less coverage, the mother of former SEAL Tyrone Woods, also killed that day in Benghazi, took to her Facebook page to object to the administration’s handling of the investigation of the attack:"
snip
""Don't want to ever politicize the loss of my son in Libya, but it has been 16 days and the FBI has yet to get to Benghazi to begin their investigation," Woods's mother Cheryl Croft Bennett wrote on her Facebook page Thursday. "Apparently they have made it to Tripoli but haven't been allowed to enter Benghazi. Meanwhile, the diplomatic outpost where Tyrone and [former SEAL] Glen [Doherty] died, was not and is not secured. Absolutely unacceptable."

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/09/28/murdered_...

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823057 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 3
It turns out that Romney actually knew the guy. Doesn't stop the haters from trying to make hay out of it, though.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823220 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 9:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
I personally think it was pretty brave to talk about that SEAL in light of Flip's own protesting for - but not serving in - Vietnam. But you have to admit, Flip needed someone's military bravery to talk about; his sons left him more than a little short.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823224 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 10:03 PM
Recommendations: 0
That would be Willard "woulda, coulda, shoulda served" Romney.

Ken

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823228 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 10:22 PM
Recommendations: 4
I personally think it was pretty brave to talk about that SEAL in light of Flip's own protesting for - but not serving in - Vietnam. But you have to admit, Flip needed someone's military bravery to talk about; his sons left him more than a little short.

Well, chicken hawk Joe Biden didn't serve either. He was too busy playing college football during the Vietnam era.

And of course the prez never served either. Chicken hawk prez owns 70% of the Afghan casualties.

So what do you personally think of two chicken hawks running the Country? Oh? that's different? I thought so....

Author: FolacinTheAcidic Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823231 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 10:31 PM
Well, chicken hawk Joe Biden didn't serve either. He was too busy playing college football during the Vietnam era.

And of course the prez never served either. Chicken hawk prez owns 70% of the Afghan casualties.

Neither protested in favor of a war but declined to serve.

And Obama owns 70% of the Afghan casualties because Bush took his eye off the ball and decided to invade Iraq.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1823234 of 1951584
Subject: Re: SEAL's mother: stop using my dead son, Flip Date: 10/10/2012 10:43 PM
And Obama owns 70% of the Afghan casualties because Bush took his eye off the ball and decided to invade Iraq.

Oh...the ol' blame Bush routine...get serious.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement