Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Today's issue of IBD (March 19) has a good Investor's Corner article, "Don't Fear Fishing for Stocks in Areas Considered 'Fished Out'." It has a weekly diagram of Monster Beverage (MNST), which broke out from a flat base the week of Aug. 11, 14, then broke out from another stage base the weeks of Nov. 27 and Oct. 3. It has risen another 20%+ since that time. The point is well taken, but why not have them on the radar before the jump?

I also looked at the weekly charts of STMP and INFN today, both of broke out from bases around the same time that MNST did, then moved higher. My question is: is there an easy way to find stocks making long and relatively flat bases to put on research/watch lists in anticipation of potential break outs to new highs? Is there a service that provides this? Thanks.

Last year I lucked out and caught WLDN just after a break out.

VS
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement