UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129  
Subject: Season finale Date: 5/17/2010 2:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Dear lord that was bad.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117 of 129
Subject: Re: Season finale Date: 5/17/2010 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
It wasn't much, really.

Though, I have to say I did like a few bits.

1) The Italian family mystery was never that interesting. But, I did like how they disposed of the bad guy, even if it wasn't that believable. The scene was well-done at least.

2) The scene where Orson leaves Bree was also well-done.

Some parts I didn't:

1) The reveal of Paul as the new renter wasn't a big shock (mainly because I'd known he was joining the show next season).
2) It was pretty obvious from the start that the nurse's confession was going to be about switching babies or something. I'm mildly curious to know who the one on Wisteria Lane is, but I don't care THAT much.
3) The Eddie resolution wasn't much, either. We got no follow-up after Lynette called the cops (was that really a 911 situation?). Not even anything from Susan, whose daughter was almost killed by him.

dsbrady

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118 of 129
Subject: Re: Season finale Date: 5/18/2010 12:42 AM
Recommendations: 0
A serial killer would not stay and deliver a baby. He would've killed Lynette as soon as she knew his identity. Then, again, I don't take this show seriously.

I did like the bomb placement. I didn't realize you could make one small enough to fit in a remote.

How did the ditzy housewife get so poor she had to move? When her husband first experienced financial difficulty, she offered him money. She's an author who, it seems, is profitable and comfortable. Yep, you can't take the show seriously.

Regards,

Levka.

Author: nggCatgoyle Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119 of 129
Subject: Re: Season finale Date: 5/18/2010 1:06 AM
Recommendations: 2
Yep, you can't take the show seriously.

Ummmm, that's right. It is, after all a comedy, has been from day 1.

I thought the baby switching thing was a no-brainer, saw it coming from the beginning. Mildly curious as to whose baby got switched.

Loved the bomb switch.

I guess Mike's financial plumbing business problems were greater than Susan's windfall from the strip joint sale could cover.

Yeah, the serial killer thing was rather lame. I assume they'll revisit that next year.

I'll still be watching, because I still enjoy the silliness.

Author: Levka98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120 of 129
Subject: Re: Season finale Date: 5/18/2010 9:02 PM
Recommendations: 0
Yep, you can't take the show seriously.

Ummmm, that's right. It is, after all a comedy, has been from day 1.

My thoughts were along the line of its inconsistencies and pathetic plots, even for a comedy. It is a silly distraction that is starting to get old, especially after the last episode; I didn't enjoy it at all. I hate it when things are too obvious ala the nurse's confession. You know babies were switched. Besides, it wasn't an amusing episode.

Regards,

Levka.
(Just decided to give up on this show. Thanks for the input.)/i>

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement