UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59131  
Subject: Re: Nationwide super WiFi Date: 2/8/2013 7:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
SeattlePioneer asks,
Let's see now --- how is the Federal governmment doing delivering postal service these days?
The postal service will deliver a letter to an address clear across the country in about 3 days for about 50 cents.
The Fedex "Express Saver" will deliver that same envelope in 4 days for a charge $20.74
Only a math-challenged Tea-Bagger would want to disband the Postal Service and do all his shipping via Fedex and UPS.
intercst

I was just waiting for the opening to say Amen! intercst. I am NOT taking my post office for granted ever again.

I am in Panama as most of you know. There is NO mail service here. In fact, I don't understand how you get a package delivered by fedex or something like UPS. THERE ARE NO ADDRESSES. Can you imagine what commerce is like here? I don't get it. There is ONE post office in Panama City which has a total metro population of about 1.3 million. People stand in long lines to pay bills and my daughter takes $850 in cash to the bank to pay her rent. She has her land lady's acct. number and deposits straight into her acct. To pay her utility bill she has to go to a grocery store, again with cash. Here are her instructions when she takes a cab home (or similar instructions somewhere else): San Francisco district, Calle 74, via Israel (nearest big intersection). Then she just starts indicating which building when they get to her street. But she doesn't speak much Spanish, so it's hit or miss whether she ends up in front of her building.

http://www.panamabbb.org/general-information/mail-services/
There are a few private companies who make this process a very simple one. These companies may be pricier than other alternatives, but simple. Aerocasillas and Mail Boxes Etcetera are the leading providers of this mail service. Sending and receiving mail through these companies generally takes about 3 to 5 days longer than it would if mailed within the United States and costs about 30-40 percent more.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement