Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 445560  
Subject: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 3:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 12
The Red vs Blue polarization is so strong these days that it makes you wonder whether this country can or should hold together.

Four years ago the Red's Congressional headman felt it ok to announce that his priority would not be to do the legislative work that the people hired him to do, but rather to spend his time getting the elected leader of the people, Obama, out of office. And that follows on a preceding decade of obstructionism including cutoffs of government funding, politically stacking the Supreme Court, hijacking elections (Bush v Gore), stupid time-wasting impeachment hearings, etc.

Why not let Texas make good on its longing to secede, and take the rest of south-central USA with it? Sorry Abe, but they're an albatross around the neck of the modern world. Let them wallow in their homemade stew of unemployment, guns and religion. Create two new Blue countries (one on each coast; or they can be united) and let them prosper without having to subsidize the godfearing enviroment polluting middle.

Preposterous? Farfetched? This guy makes a good case for Catalonia's secession from Spain on similar grounds.

The immediate cause of Catalonia’s sudden outbreak of secessionist fever is so-called fiscal looting. For every euro Catalans pay in taxes, only 57 cents is spent in the region. Before taxes, Catalonia is the fourth richest of Spain’s 17 autonomous regions. After taxes, it drops to ninth — a form of forced redistribution unparalleled in contemporary Europe. Americans know well that an unfair taxation system can easily ignite calls for independence.

The independence movement is not driven by hatred of Spain. Catalan nationalism is civic and cultural, unlike the ethnic nationalism that has so often plagued Europe. Indeed, most of the two million Spaniards who migrated to Catalonia in the 1960s and ’70s are today fully integrated and many of them have embraced secessionist ideals.

The growth of the secessionist movement is also a reaction to a renewed wave of Spanish nationalism. This campaign caused an emotional rift, and many Catalans concluded that only independence would protect them. The fact that the Spanish government is now seeking to curb the powers of autonomous regions by blaming them for the economic crisis doesn’t help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/03/opinion/a-new-call-for-cat...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410252 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 6:27 AM
Recommendations: 0
Create two new Blue countries (one on each coast; or they can be united)

If united they'd be like Pakistan was. Not a good model. Instead, maybe they could join Canada, except for California which would make more sense joining with Mexico.

DB2

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410253 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 7:21 AM
Recommendations: 5
Why not let Texas make good on its longing to secede, and take the rest of south-central USA with it? Sorry Abe, but they're an albatross around the neck of the modern world. Let them wallow in their homemade stew of unemployment, guns and religion. Create two new Blue countries (one on each coast; or they can be united) and let them prosper without having to subsidize the godfearing enviroment polluting middle.

This is the worst idea I have heard. No patriot could stand idly by while the United States broke apart, it is treason. In reality, Texas has democrats, progressive, and poor people. California has republicans and conservatives. Look at what dissolution has done to places like the former Soviet Union and Yugoslavia. The whole is greater than the sum of the pieces.

I also think that it is only a matter of time until the religious-conservative-right fizzles into oblivion. I think this coming election will show that that their days are numbered. It's simple demographics, the goober coalition will get old and die out. Try as they might to keep their children ignorant, some enlightenment and education will seep though the walls.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410255 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 9:00 AM
I also think that it is only a matter of time until the religious-conservative-right fizzles into oblivion. I think this coming election will show that that their days are numbered. It's simple demographics...

Have you noticed that of the 50 state governors there are four that are minorities? And that three of the four are Republicans?

DB2

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410256 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 9:18 AM
Recommendations: 1
"I also think that it is only a matter of time until the religious-conservative-right fizzles into oblivion."

Fizzle is not the word most of us fear.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410258 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 10:33 AM
Recommendations: 3
If united they'd be like Pakistan was. Not a good model. Instead, maybe they could join Canada, except for California which would make more sense joining with Mexico.

DB2

-----------

Gimme a break.
California, Oregon, and Washington are plenty big enough to be their own country.

AM

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410259 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 10:35 AM
I also think that it is only a matter of time until the religious-conservative-right fizzles into oblivion.

But how much time?
Religion is a cancer that is eating away at the world.
How long can we afford to wait?

AM

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410260 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 10:36 AM
Have you noticed that of the 50 state governors there are four that are minorities? And that three of the four are Republicans?

DB2

---------

What's your point, Bob?

AM

Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410261 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 10:49 AM
Recommendations: 2
I also think that it is only a matter of time until the religious-conservative-right fizzles into oblivion.

While I might admire your sentiment, I'm afraid I have to point out that in the whole record of man's recorded history what you envision has not occurred. As long as there is death, man will have fear. As long as man has fear he will need some Supernatural belief to provide comfort in the transition to the unknown infinity.

I don't mind religious worship, a lot of good has come about by acts of those with faith. But.... one of man's greatest insights is that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Man then took that insight and applied it many ways one of which was the notion of separation of Church and State.

Today's wars largely involve situations where that separation has either not occurred or has been weakened sufficiently.

I find it amazing that most religions preach that love and forgiveness are the way to eternal happiness, yet many of those religious people who have the public stage seem to preach hate and revenge and eternal damnation.

Poz

Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410262 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 10:52 AM
Recommendations: 34

Have you noticed that out of all of our Presidents only one is African-American and he is a Democrat?

Poz

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410264 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 11:29 AM
---
Have you noticed that out of all of our Presidents only one is African-American and he is a Democrat?

Sure, but that fits the stereotype of the black as Democrat. Three-quarters of the minority governors as Republicans doesn't fit the stereotype of 'goobers' and 'angry old white men'.

DB2

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410266 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 11:43 AM
While I might admire your sentiment, I'm afraid I have to point out that in the whole record of man's recorded history what you envision has not occurred.

Well, it might not be occurring as fast as we would like, but it certainly is occurring. Over the past couple of millennium, secularism and atheism in particular were almost completely unheard of. Demographic data shows these movements growing slowly but steadily. To me it is almost as certain as a law of physics, nonsense cannot stand up to reason.

I suppose civilization might degrade into a state (as described by another poster) where we "run around naked throwing feces at each other", but I think knowledge and reason will prevail,...eventually.

Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410267 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 11:45 AM
Sure, but that fits the stereotype of the black as Democrat. Three-quarters of the minority governors as Republicans doesn't fit the stereotype of 'goobers' and 'angry old white men'.

4 of 29 Governors does not qualify as anything more than putting a minor chip into the firmament of the 'angry old white men' stereotype.

Look at the voter suppression laws in the Republican States and that minor chip not only gets repaired but a whole new edifice emerges...

Poz

Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410268 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 11:50 AM
Recommendations: 12
I suppose civilization might degrade into a state (as described by another poster) where we "run around naked throwing feces at each other", but I think knowledge and reason will prevail,...eventually.

Like I said, I admire your optimism, but then I remember that this is the country that re-elected Bush and then gave the GOP control over the budget arm of Congress just two years after their policies damn near destroyed the whole world economy. That doesn't smack of the actions of a people enlightened enough the strengthen the separation of Church and State.

Just imagine, in another month or so, the headlines on the "war on Christmas" will start to pop up again.

Poz

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410275 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 12:39 PM
Gee Bobby...

I watch those Romney rallies, and even though they pack them with ringers, its hard to find a black or brown face. In fact the crowd at the Romeny/Ryan rallies looks like the crowd at St Joe's on seniors nite waiting for the bingo cards to be passed out.

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410278 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 1:56 PM

Correct.

They would be angry old black men who wish they were white because the white goobers still hate black goobers.

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410279 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 2:00 PM
Just imagine, in another month or so, the headlines on the "war on Christmas" will start to pop up again.

So, how can an enterprising atheist profit from the predictable xtian 'war on xmas' phenomenon?

sano - not above pandering to goobers

Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410281 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 2:23 PM
So, how can an enterprising atheist profit from the predictable xtian 'war on xmas' phenomenon?

I don't know....magnetic ribbons to put onto the back of cars.....signs for yards.....maybe purple cross thumb bandaids....

Poz

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410286 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 3:48 PM
Why not let Texas make good on its longing to secede, and take the rest of south-central USA with it?

Best thing that could ever happen to us... in the blue states, that is.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410287 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 3:50 PM
Why not let Texas make good on its longing to secede, and take the rest of south-central USA with it?

You could include Nevada. It's purple moving towards blue.

Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410288 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 4:09 PM

Hey you can't blame the Repubs for not trying. They put up a black pizza man for Prez. And what about that pubic hair guy they stuffed into the Supreme Court? And remember Colin Powell, who they disemboweled as Sect'y of State?

Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410289 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 4:26 PM

I think the deal should be that Redland is everything between the Rockies and the Appalachians. Blueland gets the rest. Maybe Wisconsin and Michigan and Penn also part of Blue-East.

That leaves some Reds in blue territory, so a prisoner swap would have to be arranged. Idahoans can be sent to Oklahoma, Mormons to Wacko, Texas where I'm sure they'll be welcomed by the fundy Baptists. With tar and feathers perhaps.

In exchange, Austin, San Antonio, Chicago and New Orleans can come west where they belong.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410290 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 4:38 PM
I think the deal should be that Redland is everything between the Rockies and the Appalachians. Blueland gets the rest. Maybe Wisconsin and Michigan and Penn also part of Blue-East.

That's a bit of a land grab. The coastal states (CA, OR, WA) are blue, but Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming and Montana are certainly red.

DB2

Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410292 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 5:04 PM
Recommendations: 10
That's a bit of a land grab. The coastal states (CA, OR, WA) are blue, but Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming and Montana are certainly red.

Not after we exchange prisoners they won't be.

The dividing line would be the Continental Divide, so your water can shed to your side and ours to ours. That gives you much of those states, including most of Montana, so stop yer whinin'. We don't want the runoff from Redland shedding onto our territory. You guys' first move will be to abolish your EPA so your runoff will be toxic. You drink it.

Likewise the watersheds will form the dividing line in the Appalachians. You can still blow your mountaintops off to your heart's content, long as you leave our half of the mountain standing. If it collapses, that'll mean war.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410295 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 6:27 PM

I don't know....magnetic ribbons to put onto the back of cars.....signs for yards.....maybe purple cross thumb bandaids....

Atheist silly string to spray all over public xmas trees?

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410296 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 6:28 PM

We'll have to make a New Vegas then.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410297 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/3/2012 7:00 PM
---
Not after we exchange prisoners they won't be.

Assuming there'll be voting (either a referendum or state legislature) I doubt the blues will have much of a chance in the interior states. However, I could see Los Vegas becoming a city state and joining the blues.

DB2

Author: Mosquito7778 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410342 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/4/2012 4:38 PM
Hey, Minnesota is one of the bluest in the midwest, please dont leave us as an island all aline out here.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410345 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/4/2012 5:08 PM
Hey, Minnesota is one of the bluest in the midwest, please dont leave us as an island all aline out here.

You could talk to the people in Manitoba. :-)

I'd characterize Minnesota is a very split state that votes Democrat for the top of the ticket. For example, polls show the Voter ID Amendment and the Marriage Amendment to be quite tight.

DB2

Author: LOTROQueen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410369 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/5/2012 8:55 AM

**cough**Michelle Bachmann**cough**
**cough**Tim Pawlenty**cough**

The state used to be true-blue, but you've let the crazies take over.

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410452 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/5/2012 5:41 PM

LOTROQueen: **cough**Michelle Bachmann**cough**
**cough**Tim Pawlenty**cough**

The state used to be true-blue, but you've let the crazies take over.

Hey. We kicked Pawlenty out of office (he recently resigned as an advisor to the Romney campaign), and now have Mark Dayton (D) for governor. Michele Bachmann is still here, but is polling markedly lower against Jim Graves than in previous contests, in spite of the local papers' refusal to run anything other than puff-pieces on Michele.

Tho' if you can contribute to Jim Graves...

rj
Oh, and we kicked Norm Coleman out of office last time around, too.

Author: Mosquito7778 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410543 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/8/2012 12:59 PM
A person could look at Michele Bachmann as just a sink for big out of state money that otherwise would of helped other republicans elsewhere.

I would also offer that her aborted run for the presidential nomination did nothing but hurt Romney.

Mosquito
I still dont want to secede. ;)

Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410549 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/8/2012 1:28 PM

Good point. Getting rid of Coleman was your saving grace. And you're upstream of the Red states so you wouldn't have to drink their pollution.

OK, you're in. As long as you agree to put Bachmann in a canoe and chase her down the Mississippi.

Author: Mosquito7778 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411034 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/16/2012 9:59 AM
OK, you're in. As long as you agree to put Bachmann in a canoe and chase her down the Mississippi

I'm not going to waste MY canoe that way. Besides, with enough faith she shouldn't need any vessel to travel on the water, right?!

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411673 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 11:24 AM

Is Minnesota now in play? From the StarTrib:

Minnesota Poll: Obama leading, but Romney sees gains
www.startribune.com/local/176113071.html?page=all&prepag...
The president's 3-point lead in state is within poll's margin of error.

DB2

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411675 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 1:55 PM
Is Minnesota now in play? From the StarTrib:

Minnesota Poll: Obama leading, but Romney sees gains
www.startribune.com/local/176113071.html?page=all&prepag......
The president's 3-point lead in state is within poll's margin of error.

DB2

RCP average of polls shows Obama up 5.3%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/mn/mi...

Author: eudaimon6 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411676 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 2:07 PM
And fivethirtyeight.com says there is a 97.4% chance of Obama winning Minnesota.

Not as blue as Illinois, but not exactly in play either.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411678 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 2:40 PM
Intrade seems to agree.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/misc/key-races/states/
http://www.intrade.com/v4/misc/electoral-map/

Minnesota clearly blue. Maybe the lunacy that gave us Bachmann is gone from the state now.

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411679 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 2:52 PM

It would be a surprise; the StarTrib poll was unusual and they tend to poll liberal.

DB2

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411681 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 4:45 PM
1pg: Minnesota clearly blue. Maybe the lunacy that gave us Bachmann is gone from the state now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Her district shifted a bit, but not a lot, so she's still got her base and is the favorite. On the other hand, she seems very worried, and in spite of the local papers usually being completely in the bag for her (doing only puff-pieces on her, and thoroughly investigating parking tickets of her opponents), her opponent this year may have a good chance.

And I saw a great campaign button at a basketball game a couple weeks ago: "I DIG GRAVES"... it took me a few seconds to pick up on -- her opponent is Jim Graves. :-)

rj

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411682 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/28/2012 4:47 PM
It would be a surprise; the StarTrib poll was unusual and they tend to poll liberal.

The paper itself is usually completely in the bag for Michele Bachmann, but they're located in Keith (the only Muslim in congress) Ellison's district.

rj

Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411720 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/29/2012 2:05 PM

And just to make sure...

As presidential race tightens, President Clinton plans a Minnesota visit
www.startribune.com/politics/national/176263801.html
As the presidential race narrows in Minnesota, former President Bill Clinton is planning to visit here this week to shore up support for President Barack Obama....The state may also see a visit from Romney or his running mate Paul Ryan, the Associated Press reported. The sudden attention comes as both campaigns have started buying advertising time in Minnesota, which had been lacking until last week.

DB2

Author: valueqwest Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411723 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/29/2012 3:37 PM
It is tightening everywhere. Well, not tightening in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Romney is expanding his lead there.

It is tightening in so called "safe" Democrat states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire. The Minnesota attention is to get at Wisconsin.

VQ

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 411752 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 10/29/2012 10:53 PM

rj: The paper itself is usually completely in the bag for Michele Bachmann, but they're located in Keith (the only Muslim in congress) Ellison's district.

Apparently I'm now living in the frozen suburbs of downtown H E double-hockey-sticks, because the Minneapolis Star & Tribune just endorsed Jim Graves over Michele Bachmann, and went and dug up facts and statements and noticed discrepancies, and commented on her lack of legislation and influence in congress. Color me dumbfounded:

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/editorials/176040811.html...

rj

Author: NailThatJello Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 413244 of 445560
Subject: Re: Secession Date: 11/19/2012 10:12 AM
The dividing line would be the Continental Divide

This could be the anthem for the Secession
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ixHw4Pv2HkQ

Sung by Texas' great Gene Watson - watch it and weep

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement