No. of Recommendations: 3
Frankly I don't see Obama letting anyone off the hook. He has no interest in ruling the people who want him. He is interesting in taking "revenge" upon those who voted against him.

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secission-petitions-file...

I would not be surprised to see more red states joining this particular tilting at windmills. Still this has a bit more teeth than all of the empty threats liberals made in which they claimed they would emigrate to Canada should Bush win reelection, as if we could be so lucky!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I really like this bit:

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government [cf Barack Obama] granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.
I really like this bit:

Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government [cf Barack Obama] granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing.

My sister located a GF pizza for me that actually does taste like real pizza...from a local pizzeria.....believe me, I relish every, single bite.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I would like to see secession from Mexico.

But they vote overwhelmingly for Obama, so that steam will continue to be richly fed.

I would like to see secession from Mexico.

Boy, what's next? Blackface?
States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

I am not aware of the fiscal position of these states, but if you have a state that is fiscally and economically sound why should it stay in the union when it has to support other states via taxes that do nothing but spend.
I am not aware of the fiscal position of these states, but if you have a state that is fiscally and economically sound why should it stay in the union when it has to support other states via taxes that do nothing but spend.

Why indeed. Except most of the the "secessionist" states are takers.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/economic-intelligence/20...

Most Tax-Producing States:
New Jersey
Nevada
Connecticut
New Hampshire
Minnesota
Illinois
Delaware
California
New York
Colorado

Every single one of them went for Obama.

Most Tax-Dependent States:
New Mexico
Mississippi
Alaska
Louisiana
West Virginia
North Dakota
Alabama
South Dakota
Kentucky
Virginia

All but two went for Romney.

Texas, Nebraska Arkansas and Indiana are the only "red states" not in the red vis-a-vis the federal government.
Texas, Nebraska Arkansas and Indiana are the only "red states" not in the red vis-a-vis the federal government.

Not mentioned is what happens to Texas when there is no more oil....
No. of Recommendations: 2
Not mentioned is what happens to Texas when there is no more oil....

....and just what is that.

oh, I think you forgot that Texas houses 6 of the top 50 companies in the US, they are the largest exporter (state) in the US, leads the nation in cotton, goat products, and sheep, major player in both defense and military, home to many High Tech firms (Dell, EDS, Compaq, etc) - known as silicon prarie, Entertainment - growing in the movie industry and music industry, home to Clear Channel, Blockbuster, and Cinemark, Healthcare - Texas Medical Center in Houston is the largest in the world, specialized Cancer and Burn centers, not to mention energy, banks, tourism, etc. and we also have oil.
I think you forgot that Texas houses 6 of the top 50 companies in the US

An HQ can move in an eyeblink--and not be impacted by the change.

major player in both defense and military

Ah, Texas needs govt assistance yet again. Take away the US military, and what happens to the Texas economy?

cotton, goat products, and sheep

Where the farmers are lonely and the sheep are nervous....
Ah, Texas needs govt assistance yet again. Take away the US military, and what happens to the Texas economy?

Now you have to make up your mind. First it was oil, now the military.

On the other hand, why not just give us some facts to show how the Texas economy will fail rather than just your misunderstandings.
Now you have to make up your mind. First it was oil, now the military.

Oil is pure luck. It was not created by Texas.

Military bases are mostly politics. Take them all away and there will be a major impact on the Texas economy.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-newspaper/texas-news/milit...
Advertisement