UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Lisman Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75592  
Subject: SEEKING GENERAL ADVICE FROM NICE FOOL Date: 9/30/1998 5:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My mother has asked me to research retirement fund options for her so that she doesn't have to pay an adviser. Unfortunately, since I'm not out of college yet, and thus not earning any money, I don't know the lingo of the retirement fund game - e.g. Roth IRA, 401K, etc. Can anyone suggest a place on the web I could go to pick up the basics? Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: slwjpw Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5749 of 75592
Subject: Re: SEEKING GENERAL ADVICE FROM NICE FOOL Date: 9/30/1998 6:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Go to the Motley Fool Home Page
Select Quick Find (at the top of the page)
Select Retirement

Good Luck

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5758 of 75592
Subject: Re: SEEKING GENERAL ADVICE FROM NICE FOOL Date: 9/30/1998 6:37 PM
Greetings, Lisman, and welcome. You asked:

My mother has asked me to research retirement fund options for her so that she doesn't have to pay an adviser. Unfortunately, since I'm not out of college yet, and thus not earning any money, I don't know the lingo of the retirement fund game - e.g. Roth IRA, 401K, etc. Can anyone suggest a place on the web I could go to pick up the basics?

Here's a link to my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer that will help you get started.

http://www.fool.com/Retirement/RetirementPlanPrimer.htm

Print it off and let your mom read it, Then, assuming she's got questions, c'mon back and ask. We won't guarantee she still won't need an advisor, though.

Regards....Pixy

Author: zgriner Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5768 of 75592
Subject: Re: SEEKING GENERAL ADVICE FROM NICE FOOL Date: 10/1/1998 3:44 PM
One of the most comprehensive sites is doug gerlach's invest-o-rama @ http://www.investorama.com. Look under the More Features heading.

Good luck and welcome to Fooldom
Zev

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement