UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: phil812 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76384  
Subject: self direct ira stock fund Date: 2/28/1999 5:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
IM LOOKING TO START AN IRA FUND FOR MY WIFE TO AVOID
PAYING TAX ON MY YEAR END INCOME A $600 SAVINGS I READ
IN TMF ABOUT A SELF DIRECT IRA STOCK FUND AND IM LOOKING FOR INPUT ON HOW TO START THE FUND USING THE FOOLISH FOUR FOR THE FUND AND ANY OTHER POINTS GOOD OR BAD ON MY STRATEGY THANKS
PHIL
Print the post Back To Top
Author: zgriner Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8885 of 76384
Subject: Re: self direct ira stock fund Date: 3/1/1999 12:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Please don't use caps when making posts. This is considered shouting (bad etiquette).

Please read through the Fool School, http://www.fool.com/school.htm, to get some familiarity with stock investing. Please go to the libarary and get books on stocks and stock investing. Please read the Discount Broker board, http://www.fool.com/media/DiscountBrokerageCenter/DiscountBrokerageCenter.htm, to get an idea on whom you might use as a broker.

There is nothing wrong with choosing the FF for your IRA. Just make sure you understand you are investing your money in stocks through a stock broker. When you invest money in the stock market, there is no guarantee that you won't suffer losses in the short-term. In fact, with the FF, you have a 1 in 3 chance of losing money (paper loss) in a given year. You make your money by following the program for the long-term. Finally, read the FAQ below this post. It will answer many questions you may have about investing in the FF.

Zev

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement