UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dealing One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 169  
Subject: Sell or Hold? Date: 8/11/1999 10:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In June I bought 100 shares of Coach USA at 42 1/4.
The company has been bought by an English company, Stagecoach Holdings Corp, and outstanding shares of CUI will be converted at $42./share. How can I research the English company? How do I decide whether to sell or hold?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GrayWulff Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74 of 169
Subject: Re: Sell or Hold? Date: 8/12/1999 11:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
dealing,

I don't know the companies involved, but as soon as something happens to one of my stocks that I don't understand and can't get good info on, I sell. Risk taking is necessary, but blind risk taking is not.

My universe is US stocks. The SEC ensures we can get consistent information about them; acounting rules are strict and quite well enforced.

I've heard it said that UK companies have decent reporting rules too, but I don't understand the rules and don't feel compelled to learn them. Provincial perhaps, but the US stock market provides all the hunting ground I need. I'd rather improve my knowledge of GAAP in the US than confuse myself.

It's a personal decision, of course.

Cheers,
GW

Author: dealing One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 76 of 169
Subject: Re: Sell or Hold? Date: 8/12/1999 1:31 PM
Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I also received an e-mail from someone who referred me to the Stagecoach website and fan club. Very interesting information and find that the company is global. I do own one stock that is also located in the UK, but it is difficult to follow here and I don't wish to add another "mystery guest" to my portfolio.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement