No. of Recommendations: 0
In June I bought 100 shares of Coach USA at 42 1/4.
The company has been bought by an English company, Stagecoach Holdings Corp, and outstanding shares of CUI will be converted at $42./share. How can I research the English company? How do I decide whether to sell or hold?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
dealing,

I don't know the companies involved, but as soon as something happens to one of my stocks that I don't understand and can't get good info on, I sell. Risk taking is necessary, but blind risk taking is not.

My universe is US stocks. The SEC ensures we can get consistent information about them; acounting rules are strict and quite well enforced.

I've heard it said that UK companies have decent reporting rules too, but I don't understand the rules and don't feel compelled to learn them. Provincial perhaps, but the US stock market provides all the hunting ground I need. I'd rather improve my knowledge of GAAP in the US than confuse myself.

It's a personal decision, of course.

Cheers,
GW
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I also received an e-mail from someone who referred me to the Stagecoach website and fan club. Very interesting information and find that the company is global. I do own one stock that is also located in the UK, but it is difficult to follow here and I don't wish to add another "mystery guest" to my portfolio.
Print the post Back To Top
Advertisement