UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FoolForGod Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Sell Out Annuities, Buy Stocks? Date: 12/23/1999 11:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm 38 years old and I have roughly $23,000 in an annuity that I haven't contributed to for several years. It just keeps growing at about 12-15% per year. About a year and a half ago, I began investing with $4000 from the sale of a house and put in another $800 or so. Now that account is over $8500.

My Question: Should I take the money out of the annuity and put it to better use out here in the "foolish" world? What are the pros and cons?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: washu Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16857 of 76418
Subject: Re: Sell Out Annuities, Buy Stocks? Date: 12/25/1999 1:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
<< I'm 38 years old and I have roughly $23,000 in an annuity that I haven't contributed to for several years. It just keeps growing at about 12-15% per year. About a year and a half ago, I began investing with $4000 from the sale of a house and put in another $800 or so. Now that account is over $8500. >>

Well, check out some Fool portfolio numbers:
http://www.fool.com/strategies.htm

However, do NOT invest in stocks until you've done your research. Here's the Fool's School:
http://www.fool.com/school.htm

Washu! ^O^

Author: middlearth Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16882 of 76418
Subject: Re: Sell Out Annuities, Buy Stocks? Date: 12/26/1999 11:49 AM
The question of whether or not you should break the annuity can REALLY be best answered by you alone! Basically, it may depend on a few factors such as your overall investment strategy; i.e. whether you like the "pyramid" or you can stomach the "fast lane." You must also consider your age and time horizon- age at which you hope to retire. As a Foolish investor, the principle of a "safety net" is always worth considering- do you have one, besides this annuity? So, evaluate ALL the aspects of your life and circumstances before making a decision. And try to avoid the "all-or-none" approach. I hope this has been helpful.
Eddie

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement