Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 442336  
Subject: Sell your body for education Date: 1/17/2013 11:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=e1abc132-f496-4ee2-b...

Interesting, so how is this not illegal and a form of prostitution? Actually I am not saying that prostitution should be be illegal, that is a different discussion, but under current laws.

Oh...and the students are getting tax free money by the way.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416430 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/17/2013 12:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It probably beats flippin burgers.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416446 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/17/2013 4:50 PM

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=e1abc132-f496-4ee2-b...

Interesting, so how is this not illegal and a form of prostitution?

fuzzy line between prostitution, & marrying/dating for money

dont know why this doesn't fall on the former ...

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416457 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/18/2013 10:44 AM
dont know why this doesn't fall on the former ...

Maybe it's an exclusivity thing? If they are "dating" like any regular couple, then how do you draw the line? Because they met through that website? And what about women that marry rich guys because they're rich (or men that marry rich women)? How is that different?

Now if the companion worked for some "service", and had multiple partners, that starts to look more like prostitution. Not that I think prostitution should be illegal (I don't...it's her body). But from a law enforcement standpoint, that's how I think it plays out.

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416459 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/18/2013 10:55 AM
Recommendations: 9
Now I know I'm old.

My first thought on reading the thread title was that the article would be about getting paid to give your cadaver to medical school.

Albaby

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416460 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/18/2013 11:02 AM
My first thought on reading the thread title was that the article would be about getting paid to give your cadaver to medical school.

That's funny! I had the exact same thought! I had figured it was just because I recently asked about donating body to science, so it was "on my brain" (so to speak). Apparently it's just because I'm getting old.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416463 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/18/2013 11:39 AM
Recommendations: 1
I really didn't need to have this on my mind when I go out to drive the school bus today!

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416472 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/18/2013 12:49 PM
Now if the companion worked for some "service", and had multiple partners, that starts to look more like prostitution. Not that I think prostitution should be illegal (I don't...it's her body). But from a law enforcement standpoint, that's how I think it plays out.

ah.... that makes sense

wonder if that's how the law is written

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 416488 of 442336
Subject: Re: Sell your body for education Date: 1/18/2013 1:56 PM
Recommendations: 2
Sell it ahead of time so you can enjoy the money.

Makes sense to me.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement